Dutch Wonderland - Full Time Maintenance (Ride Mechanic)
This position is responsible for maintenance of the facilities, attractions, and all property assets of the Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park, Old Mill Stream Campground, and Cartoon Network Hotel, including ride maintenance for the amusement park. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is safety-sensitive due to operation of small vehicles, use of power equipment, and inspecting/repairing rides.
* Installs, maintains, services, and rebuilds mechanical pieces of equipment to sustain specified safety and performance standards.
* Conduct ride inspections and preventative maintenance on a daily basis to ensure safe ride operations and compliance with manufacturer specifications and requirements. Inspection reporting is completed via mobile tablet.
* Complete chemical readings, and take appropriate reactive actions if needed, for water attractions, such as Duke’s Lagoon, dive pool, and hotel pools.
* Provides good workmanship in a timely manner while meeting established deadlines.
* Comply with Company policies and regulations established by OSHA, NFPA, etc. as well as local, state, and federal guidelines.
* Attends all required training and continuing education.
* Participates in ordering materials for projects.
* Assists other mechanics and trades personnel with any aspect of Dutch Wonderland, Old Mill Stream and Cartoon Network Hotel maintenance, as assigned by direct supervisor.
* Assists with park ride operations when assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 18 years of age.
* Possess a valid driver’s license.
* Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
* Five (5) years verifiable experience with mechanical trades. Vo-tech or comparable training will be considered in lieu of experience.
* Experience with electrical work, electronics, or plumbing preferred.
* Good communication skills and teamwork approach.
* Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
* Able to comprehend blueprints and schematic diagrams, and follow manufacturer's specifications.
* Thorough knowledge of equipment used in support of mechanical trades.
* Able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment with minimal supervision.
* Must provide own tools and some equipment related to mechanical trades.
* Possession of or ability to earn a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
* May be required to take a Mechanical Aptitude test.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays, especially during the operating season. Schedule will vary and includes shifts such as 6 am – 2 pm, 7 am – 3 pm, and 12 – 8 pm.
* Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions.
* Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time. Frequent pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, bending, and twisting based on ride inspection or project assignments. Frequent exposure to nigh noise levels.
* Occasional sitting for periods of time.
* Occasional or frequent work at heights in excess of 100 feet, and lifting up to 75 lbs.
* Occasional or infrequent climbing.
* Base pay rate starting at $20.00 / hr
* Overtime eligible
* Benefits eligible (medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and more)
* 401(k) option once eligibility criteria are met
- Job Family MAINTENANCE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Lancaster, PA, USA, 2249 Lincoln Hwy East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States of America