Water Country - Accounting/Cash Control Supervisor I
Responsible for the daily operation of the Cash Control Office, to ensure these areas operate in a smooth and efficient manner. You will oversee the cash office and a seasonal staff of 4-5 people, and assist managers with training and implementing proper cash handling procedures in all revenue locations. In addition, you will be responsible for managing vault levels, departmental staffing, and balancing daily receipts, while also delivering a superior Guest experience and enforcing all park policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all operational functions of the Cash Control office.
- Supervise and assist with all till assignment for all shifts and cash deliveries.
- Supervise Cash Control Team Members, including providing feedback that directly impacts discipline, rewards/recognition, and termination decisions.
- Perform daily cash audits following corporate guidelines
- Ensure 100% compliance with all standard operating procedures as they relate to Water Country and Palace Entertainment’s standardization and policies.
- Prepare the daily deposit and reconcile the daily vault audit within established timelines.
- Work with outside agencies on proper, secured transportation of revenue.
- Communicate effectively with park and cash handling employees.
- Maintain the integrity of the operation by handling sensitive/confidential information in a professional manner in compliance with company policy.
- Keep all work areas clean, safe and in a professional manner.
- Assist guests with the park’s locker rental kiosks.
- Any other duties as assigned.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- At least two years of cashier or cash handling experience recommended.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in Accounting or preferred but not required.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple situations simultaneously and meet deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Friendly, proactive, service-oriented approach to problem solving required.
- Computer experience required, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
- Must be proficient in basic mathematics and must be able to use a 10-Key Calculator.
- Must be able to work professionally and productively with all levels of management including the General Manager.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires standing, walking, crouching, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and pushing - Ability to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry, and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and consumer credit check.
(This position is eligible for internship credit)
- Job Family FINANCE/ADMIN
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Sunday, June 6, 2021
- Portsmouth, NH, USA, 2300 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America