Water Country - Water Tech I
This position performs a variety of specialized and technical tasks related to pool maintenance and assurance of water quality standards. This position is responsible for ensuring that all slides and pools are safe for daily operation. This position will ensure that all pools are balanced according to standards set by the state and park management. This position will operate and maintain pool pumps and filters.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain correct water levels in pools and water attractions by either: adding make-up water when pool levels are low or backwashing water out of pool when water levels are high.
- Maintain correct flow to pools and water attractions by monitoring filters, pumps, motors, and cleaning strainer baskets.
- Test water continuously for such conditions as: pH, chlorine, alkalinity, water hardness and clarity; takes appropriate action to correct and communicate problems.
- Monitor, log, and adjust chemical levels in all pools and water attractions.
- Adding chemicals to pools and attractions as needed.
- Maintains pumps and filters; backwashes filters as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance and makes repairs to pumps, piping, and valves.
- Understand, and operate necessary controls.
- Performing housekeeping tasks to keep your workplace safe and clean.
- Comply with all safety regulations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the maintenance management staff.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CPO certified desired but not required.
- Must be able to read and understand printed instructions for chemical use.
- This position requires standing, walking, crouching, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting, pushing, crawling, reaching high and low, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work in sunny, hot, cold, windy, rainy, and noisy environments.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry or move items weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants must have the ability to use hand power tools.
- Must be comfortable working in small / cramped areas.
- Ability to write clearly, read, and communicate the English language.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Job Family MAINTENANCE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Portsmouth, NH, USA, 2300 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America