The Data Lead/Architect is a senior technical leader who envisions & enables our enterprise data ecosystem,shapes our data strategy, & maximizes the value of informational resources to the business. The architect will design & implement a plan to integrate and centralize data between systems and ensure the quality and accuracy of reporting & downstream data products.
To succeed in this role you will employ knowledge of both modern & traditional data management systems & practices, and be able to translate complex business strategies into technical requirements & frameworks.
What You’ll Do
Establish & execute our data vision
- Design long term data storage & activation solutions, evaluate & determine the best frameworks, platforms & overall technical stack.
- With our Data Engineers and Analysts, execute the roadmap taking us from current state to goal state. This will include prototyping solutions, migrating from legacy systems, training business users on new reporting technologies, etc.
- Monitor status & performance of data systems and pipelines by setting & meeting SLAs & SOPs for data operations & teams.
- Implement & follow data governance & compliance best practices.
- Educate staff & peers through training and individual support.
- Direct & oversee data engineering resources.
- Interface with other senior leaders, translating between business needs & technical solutions.
- Partner with product engineers and product managers to ensure instrumentation is taken into account in any new offering.
Who We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in data management, engineering or architecture design.
- Proficiency in data modeling techniques for transactional & analytical use cases, as well as downstream operational uses such as production machine learning models & user-facing data products.
- Familiarity with AWS & Google Cloud Platforms.
- Proficiency with modern, cloud-native, scalable ETL/ELT solutions & tools, eg: Stitch/Talend, Informatica, Mulesoft/Salesforce, etc.
- Experience with modern workflow orchestration principles & platforms (DAGs, Airflow, dbt, Luigi, Dagster, Prefect, etc).
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Scala & Java.
- Experience with real-time/streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, Spark/Storm, etc.) is a plus.
Other Things To Know
We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer, The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to submit an application, including women, people of color, veterans, LGBTQ+ people, and individuals with disabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use. For example, she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA