Senior IT Systems Engineer
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments.
We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Department: Information Technology
Direct Reports: No
Supervised By: IT Infrastructure and Security Manager
The Sr. IT Systems Engineer works closely with the Manager and members of the Network Operations Team. The Sr. IT Systems Engineer is responsible for administration/maintenance, proposing improvements, project management, supporting IT incidents, optimal system performance, security standards, and meeting business continuity and disaster recovery requirements for assigned systems.
The Sr. Systems Engineer functions as a subject matter expert for a variety of systems used by the Firm, assisting internal/external customers for incident and problem resolution, helping and advising on the IT security of the firm, taking on IT tasks as needed or assigned, and participating in the IT infrastructure team on-call rotation.
The Sr. IT Systems Engineer will be cross-trained to cover and assist other team members roles as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all phases of systems administration are properly coordinated, monitored, documented, tracked and overall maintained at an optimal functional/performance level.
- Provides hands-on support for any system issues/problems by working with other IT Department members, other firm administrative departments, consultants, vendors, or other deemed necessary to address an assigned incident or problem.
- Utilizes an incident tracking system to document all requests and issues reported by employees.
- Works with and manages vendors (as assigned by the Manager), service providers, or consultants to help maintain systems and services, resolve support incidents, and complete projects.
- Adheres to all IT policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Helps develop and advises the Manager on the IT procedures and policies required to perform the duties of the firm’s IT Department.
- Remains current with the latest technologies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager or the Chief Information Officer.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in managing and providing successful IT infrastructure services and support at a multi-office/location organization. Project management experience in relation to IT Infrastructure is required. Experience providing IT services in a law firm is preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree required or a combination education, certifications and demonstrable experience with various sized projects and methodologies or a commensurate track record of support roles that would indicate full understanding of IT Infrastructure in a complex network environment.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with more than one of the following:
- Microsoft Exchange, Mimecast, SMTP, Messaging administration
- Microsoft ADS, Servers
- VMWare and SAN technologies
- Backup/Recovery solutions
- Cisco LAN/WAN routing, switching, and telephony
- Citrix and/or virtual desktop environments
- Azure or other IaaS, DRaaS, or SaaS solutions for enterprises.
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America