Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments.
We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Commercial Real Estate Paralegal will work in our Atlanta office supporting our Real Estate and Commercial Development team. The Paralegal will interact with external clients as well as internal support staff. This is a non-exempt administrative position that reports to the Office Administrator and assigned attorneys. There are no direct reports to this position. The Paralegal will work a regular schedule as determined by the Office Administrator and/or assigned attorneys. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and organize closing documents, including closing statements
- Prepare, monitor and maintain schedule of deadlines and due diligence checklists for closings
- Order and coordinate gathering and review of due diligence materials, including maintenance of “sharefile” room
- Prepare title objection letters and responses to objections letters
- Order title searches and review title commitments; prepare title review summary
- Organize and coordinate document signing
- Prepare closing instruction letters
- Update and record closing documents, including electronic filings with the Register of Deeds Office in various counties and with the Secretary of State Office in various states
- Research public records online and via communication with state and local officials
- Order and review plats and surveys and prepare survey review summary
- Prepare and review metes and bounds legal descriptions, including plotting of legal descriptions using deed plotting software
- Research zoning issues and communicate with zoning local officials
- Coordinate closings with all parties in the transaction, including buyer, seller, title insurance company, lender and their counselors
- Prepare closing binders
- At least 5 years’ experience as a commercial real estate paralegal
- Paralegal certificate and/or college degree
- Exceedingly well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as necessary
- Critical thinking and proficiency in problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests
- Team player, willing to help other firm members during peak times
- Superior computer skills, using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Motivated, self-directed individual with ability to anticipate and resolve issues and work with little supervision
- Parker Poe, 1075 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America