Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments.
We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Department: Marketing and Business Development
Direct Reports: No
Supervised By: Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer
The Manager of Marketing Technology will support the digital marketing and business development functions, and related initiatives across the Firm. The position will utilize marketing, technology, analytical, and project management skills to support the Firm in executing business development and digital marketing initiatives. This role will also support relevant industry team and/or practice groups by delivering strategic guidance and direction as well as tactically deliver results.
The Manager will partner with the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, Marketing Communications Manager, and the Client Relationship Analyst on implementing the Digital Marketing and Engagement Strategy in a way that is consistent with the strategic plan of the Firm. This position will serve as a key member of and collaborate with the Department’s management team.
This position will require after-hours and weekend work as well as occasional overnight travel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the technological components of marketing platforms, such as the website, email marketing system, CRM, experience database, and data analytics.
• Partners with the Business Development and Marketing Communications Managers to develop and implement the strategy and related tactics to raise the profile of Firm.
• Develops and implements email marketing campaigns (using Vuture platform): tracks, tests, and executes. Analyzes campaign for engagement and makes recommendations to Business Development team on targeted growth opportunities.
• Manages the marketing technology function, including the Client Relationship Manager/CRM system to optimize the functionality and output of the system, as well as the competitive and business intelligence functions.
• Partners with the IT Department and serves as liaison between departments on marketing-related programs and platforms.
• Assists attorneys and industry teams with business plans, client and prospect research, and overall practice development.
• Supports Industry Teams, Practice Groups, and individual attorneys with marketing (client events, alerts, experience lists, and other customized materials) for development targets and opportunities.
• Works with colleagues and other functional specialists to integrate plans across practices, industries and offices, escalating potential issues, sharing ideas and deliverables, volunteering for special projects, reporting on activities, updating tracking databases, addressing conflicts earnestly, and promoting team capabilities and successes.
• Serves as a resource for educating and promoting adoption of new and existing marketing technology platforms and programs.
• Develops and enhances relationships with attorneys throughout the Firm to ensure the department is properly meeting Firm objectives, and to forestall problems and enhance services to the Firm.
• Adheres to all Firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Continually implements process improvement to increase efficiency and innovation within Marketing operations.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or business development in a professional services environment. Experience working in a law firm preferred.
• Bachelors’ Degree in marketing, business administration, communication, or related field.
• Experience with Google Analytics required.
• Experience with experience management databases and CRM systems a plus.
• Working knowledge of generally accepted marketing and business development principles and standards.
• Ability to effectively manage, lead, coach, and motivate direct reports. Prior experience in managing employees is preferred.
• High degree of attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence others, as well as flex style and delivery to varying audiences.
• Excellent project management skills and demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Demonstrates effective teamwork. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with employees, attorneys, clients, and the public.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed. Works independently with minimal supervision. Overcomes major obstacles and recognizes when issues should be escalated. Demonstrates independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others.
• Possesses a “hands-on” tactical approach. Comfortable working in a mixed-matrix environment with many stakeholders and potentially competing priorities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) as well proficiency with CRM software (InterAction).
• Exhibits initiative and innovative thinking and drives best practices. Demonstrates problem-solving skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law