Medical Assistant (IN)_Health Center-$2000 Sign on bonus
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health, and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
The Medical Assistant performs administrative and clinical tasks to keep the health centers of PPGNHAIK running smoothly and to provide patient services and patient care, excluding physical examinations, within a health care setting as part of a health care team. This is a full time position (35-40 hours per week) based out of the Merrillville Health Center.
What you’ll be doing(Core Comopentencies and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer satisfaction through customer service to PPGNHAIK patients. Including demonstrating respect for individual needs and backgrounds of patients, interacts professionally in person and over the telephone with patients, co-workers and others.
- Use the electronic health records system to schedule appointments, enter patient demographic information and check out patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs as needed (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and may also dispose of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical instruments.
- Responsible for various financial procedures including providing cash receipts, patient financial history interviews, preparing bank deposits and completing various insurance or governmental billings forms.
- Maintain records, transfers, filing, special health center logs.
- Documentation, reporting and notifications of patient of results of moderate or high proficiency tests with supervision according to agency/policy/procedure.
We’ll trust you to:
- Adhere to the PPGNHAIK code of conduct and all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate and maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Take action to support the affiliate’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support and act in accordance with the PPGNHAIK customer service standards.
- Value continuous learning and seek ongoing training and development.
You’ll need to have:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· BLS Certification
· A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a medical environment or 2 years of working in a direct customer service role.
Extra points for:
Experience in phlebotomy and injections.
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Merrillville, IN, USA