Patient Care Team Leader (AK)_Health Center- #PPH
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana, Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
In healthcare services, this means a commitment to providing the absolute best in patient care and education. Our exceptional health center staff drives our mission forward by upholding our acclaimed customer service & confidentiality standards, and working to create a safe, judgement-free space for anyone seeking Planned Parenthood services.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health and wellbeing of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position – Patient Care Team Lead:
The Patient Care Team Lead (PCTL) monitors and makes corrections to ensure efficient patent flow and overall health center efficiency. Serves as a knowledgeable resource to co-workers and keeps the health center manager informed through active problem solving and reporting.
This is a full-time position located in our Anchorage Healthcare Center.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform back office and front office responsibilities as required by the health center.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource for staff and volunteers on health center operations and agency policies and procedures and actively seeks to ensure compliance.
- Provide non-judgmental, client-centered care, and provides accurate information by answering questions and providing appropriate resources.
- Optimize patient flow to keep appointments on schedule through ongoing communication with the clinicians and the health center manager.
- Establish and prepares documents for patient records and patient services; completes patient insurance information and enters visit data into PPGNHAIK systems.
- Provide patients and co-workers with excellent customer service in all interactions and tasks.
- Serve as an assistant and support person to licensed staff members during procedures including: abortion (surgical and medication) vasectomy, colposcopy, LEEP, HTS, and other procedures performed at PPGNHAIK. May be responsible for preparation of POC for physician review and be responsible for its disposal per agency and state guidelines
We’ll trust you to:
Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
Values continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
Take action to support the affiliate's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Values team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change
You’ll need to have:
High school diploma or equivalent
One or two years’ experience in an office or medical setting
National Medical Assistant Certification (preferred)
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications; has experience with electronic health records
Extra points for:
Experience with reproductive healthcare in a clinical office or hospital setting with knowledge of Electronic Medical Record systems.
As part of our total rewards package, we offer meaningful work, generous time off and benefits, promotional opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Our attractive benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, as well as a retirement plan. We also provide transportation benefits at eligible locations. For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal opportunity employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds -and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparitiesand creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anchorage, AK, USA