Per Diem Medical Assistant - Certified_Clinical Services #PPH
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
In healthcare services, this means a commitment to providing the absolute best in patient care and education. Our exceptional health center staff drives our mission forward by upholding our acclaimed customer service & confidentiality standards, and working to create a safe, judgment-free space for anyone seeking Planned Parenthood services.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
The Per Diem Medical Receptionist provides support to patients and co-workers by performing a variety of clinical and administrative tasks in different areas of the health center.
This position is located at our Tacoma health center.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing back office responsibilities as required by the health center; rooms patients; stock rooms; phlebotomy, injections, labs, patient educations; assists NPs, RNs, and MDs.
- Provides non-judgmental, client-centered care, and provides accurate information by answering questions and providing appropriate resources.
- Assists with optimizing patient flow to keep appointments on schedule.
- Establishes and prepares documents for patient records and patient services.
- Provides patients and co-workers with excellent customer service in all interactions and tasks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Value continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Take action to support the affiliate's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Value team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change
You’ll need to have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification
- One or two years of experience in an office or medical setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications; experience with electronic health records
Extra points for:
- Experience with reproductive healthcare in a clinical office or hospital setting with knowledge of EHR
- *Bi-lingual employees may be eligible for an hourly premium*
As part of our total rewards package, we offer meaningful work, promotional opportunities, and competitive compensation. For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal opportunity employment
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tacoma, WA, USA