Float Nurse Practitioner (IN)_Health Center
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health, and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
In collaboration with the Medical Director, functions as the primary provider of medical services and carries full responsibility for the initiation and maintenance of patients in the family planning regimen, as well as provides leadership in all aspects of comprehensive clinical services.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday with schedule to float between multiple health centers in the Hammond area. In addition to the hourly pay rate, there will be mileage and travel time. We also offer a very generous benefit package.
What you’ll be doing (Core Competencies and Responsibilities):
- Perform appropriate medical screening procedures including, but not limited to, breast, testicular, and pelvic examinations.
- The latter includes speculum examination, bimanual examination, obtaining materials for STI testing, cytological smears (and other specimens as indicated,) and other types of more specialized screening procedures as may be indicated by the manual of standards and guidelines.
- Assist in the overall operation and administration of the laboratory (provider performed microscopy), including specimen handling & processing, and prompt, accurate, and proficient reporting of test results.
- Evaluate patients, suggest, and implement treatment regimens (including contraceptive choice), for patients so evaluated.
- The implementation duty includes diaphragm fittings, dispensing contraceptive supplies and medications and IUD removals.
- IUD insertion and Implanon insertion and removal upon training.
- Provide, counsel and advise on family planning methods to patients; receive and handle patient questions and problems relating to these methods.
- Assist with training of staff in health center operations, infection prevention, environmental maintenance, and health education.
- Provide evaluation, problem identification and formulation of treatment plans as medically indicated.
- Recognize ongoing responsibility to work for the continuing improvement in the overall function of the health center and make appropriate suggestions in this regard to the Medical Director, Lead Clinician, and managers responsible for health center operations.
- Writes plan of care for abnormal test results and follow up per PPGNHAIK policy and CDC guidelines when applicable.
- Provides alternative plan of care if patient unable to comply with preferred plan of care.
- Responsible for the control of drug stocks/contraceptives/pharmaceuticals in the health center.
- We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Value continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Take Action to Support the affiliate's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Value team work, flexibility and adaptability; embrace change
We’ll trust you to:
- Adhere to the PPGNHAIK code of conduct and all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate and maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Take action to support the affiliate’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support and act in accordance with the PPGNHAIK customer service standards.
- Value continuous learning and seek ongoing training and development.
- Indiana or Kentucky Registered Nurse License
- Masters of Nursing
- Certification for Advanced Nurse Practitioner (if applicable)
- 0-2 years' experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field or in a related area
- Must have prescriptive authority and possess or eligible for DEA
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hammond, IN, USA