LSC-Clinical Laboratory Assistant_Lab
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana, Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
In healthcare services, this means a commitment to providing the absolute best in patient care and education. Our exceptional health center staff drives our mission forward by upholding our acclaimed customer service & confidentiality standards, and working to create a safe, judgement-free space for anyone seeking Planned Parenthood services.
About this position – Clinical Research Assistant:
The LSC lab assistants unpack incoming sample shipments and process incoming lab samples for testing. They verify the quality of the samples and release the orders in the laboratory information system (LIS). Other work includes answering incoming phone calls, communicating with ordering staff if lab orders need to be corrected, and miscellaneous cleaning duties. There is no patient interaction or phlebotomy (drawing blood samples) required for LSC’s lab assistants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receives, sorts and processes incoming specimens.
- Utilizes the LIS to release and track orders.
- Responds to questions as appropriate, and refers questions when appropriate.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning procedures and empties biohazardous waste receptacles.
- Records daily temperatures and humidity.
- Monitors and maintains inventory.
We’ll trust you to:
- Adhere to the PPGNHAIK code of conduct and all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Values continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Take action to support the affiliate's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Values team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change
You’ll need to have:
- High school education or GED.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, navigating internet resources.
Extra points for:
- Minimum of two years of recent experience in a clinical office or hospital laboratory setting. Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) is preferred.
- Experience with databases with reporting functions is preferred.
As part of our total rewards package, we offer meaningful work, generous time off and benefits, promotional opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Our attractive benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, as well as a retirement plan. We also provide transportation benefits at eligible locations. For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal opportunity employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds -and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bremerton, 4723 NE Riddell Road, Bremerton, Washington, United States of America
- Bremerton, WA, USA