Philadelphia, PA, USA
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: The Hospitality Coordinator oversees all of the hospitality services and resources within the Hub of Hope, including our coffee, laundry and shower services, as well as our clothing donations. Additionally the Hospitality Coordinator is responsible for supervising the hospitality support staff, along with scheduling and supervising volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage the hospitality schedule which includes assigning the hospitality support staff, volunteers, students, and interns to hospitality shifts.
- Manage the schedule for each hospitality service in tandem with the receptionist.
- Maintain electronic records of individuals who are using hospitality services.
- Act as the point person for volunteer and intern personnel once on-boarded, including on-site training, scheduling for all shifts/departments, assigning to specific areas on site. Coordinate with the Project HOME Volunteer Coordinator
- Work with the hospitality support staff to receive, sort and distribute hospitality donations. Maintain a well-stocked inventory to ensure that items do not run out.
- Manage the clothing room. Work with the hospitality support staff, volunteers, students, and interns to distribute clothing during designated times and on an as-needed basis.
- Orient participants to hospitality services, and uphold a standard of a clean, safe, and respectful environment.
- Become well-acquainted with Hub participants to better serve each individual
- Maintain situational awareness at all times and use de-escalation strategies to maintain a calm and welcoming environment
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Professional or personal volunteer experience with populations experiencing homelessness
- Understanding and commitment to trauma-informed practices.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, motivate, lead and relate effectively to individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to utilize de-escalation skills if necessary.
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills.
- Bilingual candidates preferred
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.