GELC Admin Asisstant
Close: May 4, 2021
Department: Grandview Early Learning Center (GELC)
Reports To: GELC Director
Hours: 40 Hrs/ Wk. – Full Time
Assists Administrative Team with the complex and confidential administrative work for the Grandview Early Learning Center. Assists with schedules, flyers, announcements and disseminates information and helps explain CCDF requirements and policies & procedures through personal and telephone contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets parents/guardians and has them sign their child in through computerized attendance program.
- Greets and directs visitors and guests.
- Screens and routes incoming telephone calls to classrooms and administration.
- Assists in scheduling staff meetings for Classroom staff and Administrative Team. Takes notes during all meetings and disseminates to appropriate parties.
- Composes routine correspondence and memos.
- Types weekly schedule at the direction of the Administrative Team.
- Composes and posts flyers to notify families of holiday closures.
- Responsible for making necessary photocopies and sending facsimiles accurately and in a timely manner.
- Picks up and delivers mail and other office information at the Administration Building.
- Sets up and maintains accurate attendance files using computerized software and runs all necessary reports for CCDF child count requirements.
- Assists in the delivery of classroom/office supplies received through the purchase order system.
- Prepares all purchase orders for office supplies and keeps cabinet stocked.
- Copies all application packets: Grandview, Subsidized and PTP and has them available for public in lobby.
- Assists in maintaining office records, employee and children’s files.
- Provides back-up to Administrative Team as needed.
- Required to work schedule assigned by supervisor (opening, closing, split shift etc.) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree or two years of previous administrative support is required; or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel required. Must be able to type 35 words per minute accurately. Must have intermediate computer knowledge and able to set up and implement new attendance software program.
Employee must demonstrate the ability to interact tactfully and positively with parents/guardians, Tribal members, all levels of staff and management. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff and regulatory agencies. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to effectively present information to management, employees and groups of people.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of administrative procedures required; knowledge of accounting procedures preferred;
Knowledge of CCDF program requirements and GELC policies and procedures preferred.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Must be able to pass a background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Must pass TB Testing and have and maintain CPR/1st Aid Certification.
This position may be required to telework on either a part time or full time basis depending upon the needs of the department and the organization. If required to telework, employee agrees to complete the Telework Agreement and abide by the Telework Policy and work expectations.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is loud.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Position may be stressful at times due to confidential issues being addressed.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA