Closes: May 21, 2021 @ 8:59 p.m. PST
Reports To: Director
Hours: 40 Hrs/Wk – Full Time
Salary: DOQ + Benefits*
Responsible for providing maintenance services to Tribal Administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all custodial work at the Administration building including cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, wash windows, set-up/remove tables and chairs, etc.
- Perform all maintenance work at the Administration building, both inside and outside including moving of office furniture, keep water coolers operational and set-up of office equipment.
- May have access to and keep and maintain keys to the Administration building, including an updated key log.
- May be required to order and maintain maintenance supplies.
- Sets-up appointments and meets with outside vendors for any work related to the Administration building.
- Reports any HVAC problems to appropriate individual or vendor and monitors situation.
- May respond to work orders as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one year previous custodial and maintenance experience; HVAC knowledge preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificate
Must have and maintain a valid State driver’s license is required in case employee needs to drive to another location to assist with maintenance matters.
Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA