Administration Assistant Coordinator
Closes: June 23, 2021 @ 8:59 p.m. PST
Reports To: Community Events Coordinator
Hours: 40 Hrs/Wk – Full Time
Salary: DOQ + Benefits*
Responsible for assisting the Community Events Planner with all planning duties for Tribal Community and Administration events from start to finish. This position is expected to carry out various event planning assignments timely and accurately and assist the Community Event Planner with event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, guest lists, transportation, venue preparation, special guest requirements, all necessary equipment, promotional and marketing materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Community Event Planner with organizing, budget development and budget tracking processes.
- Prepares agenda and meeting documents. May be required to take meeting minutes and type them up after the meeting.
- Creates and routes ARFs for Tribal Council approval.
- Assists with the creation of policies and procedures, forms and event requirements and approval process.
- Creates package with bids for RFP approval.
- Under the direction of the Community Event Planner, creates marketing materials such as flyers, posters, mail outs and advertisements for events. Ensures that advertisements are posted and shared with invited attendees. Professionally utilizes social media for advertisement and publicity of Tribal events.
- Assists with all aspects of the event planning and execution within the agreed upon time limits and on budget.
- Coordinates with departments and programs requesting event planning assistance to accurately identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with other entities and community organizations to accurately identify their needs and ensure successful Tribal events.
- Conducts research, makes site visits, and find resources to help staff or Community Members make decisions about event possibilities within budget.
- Ensures that all invoices are paid promptly to close out the event. Brings any issues to Community Event Planner’s attention.
- Proposes new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Schedules “lessons learned” meetings after each event within14 days of the end of the event to ensure that the feedback is taken into consideration for future planning purposes. Takes meeting minutes and creates summary reports of each event outlining how data gathered from current community events can be used to develop successful future events.
- Makes self-available during Event to assist with any issues that might arise and oversees all aspects of clean up for events as necessary.
- Trains staff members and Community members as necessary for the best use of these items.
- Attends any necessary Community meetings and events to assist with planning efforts for upcoming events and also to network and to identify potential opportunities.
- Preserves and maintains the highest standard of customer service.
- Promotes good employee relations by conducting themselves in a professional manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or two years related planning experience and/or training; or satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet skills are required.
Previous event planning experience is preferred.
- Professionally, actively and cooperatively participates in a team-based collaboration within Tribal Administration program operations.
- Develops and maintains ethical and professional relationships with key professionals of area governments in an effort to involve the Puyallup Tribe of Indians.
- Positively contributes to a favorable public image of the Tribe by establishing and maintaining productive and professional relationships both internally and externally when meeting to discuss tribal needs.
- Must be flexible and able to handle stress for last minute event planning.
- Actively participates in the community and Administration events.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be skilled in the professional area of social media tools, including Facebook.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance. Driver’s License must not contain any restrictions that would otherwise prohibit an employee from complying with the Tribe’s Vehicle Use Policy or driving a GSA vehicle.
Must pass a criminal background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
May need to be available during nights and weekends for event coordination.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is low to moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting and outside.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA