Set-Aside Housing Administrative Assistant
Closes: June 25, 2021 @ 8:59 p.m. PST
Department: Set Aside Program
Reports To: Set Aside Housing Director
Hours: 40 Hours/Week - Full Time
Salary: DOQ + Benefits*
Under the general direction of the Set Aside Housing Director, is responsible for providing general office support to department staff and relieve department staff of administrative details as requested by Director.
This position is responsible for implementing Set Aside Home Improvement Assistance Grant policies and procedures for qualified applicants.
This position is responsible for certifying ownership of property for applicants for the Set Aside Home Improvement Grant, Down Payment Assistance Grant and Foreclosure Prevention Grant Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Courteously greets visitors, answers questions and directs visitors as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of Housing Procedures and Policies.
- Provide intake services in screening applicants for the Home Improvement Grant Program, or other programs that may be available.
- Participates in selection of applicants for assistance.
- Provides orientation to applicants regarding their responsibilities to Set Aside Home Improvement Plan.
- Assists Resources Specialist as needed and updates resources for clients such as home loan and refinancing information and upcoming Home Buyer Classes. Ensures Set Aside Program applications, policies and other printed information is readily available.
- Assists clients in accurately filling out housing applications for the various programs available on an as needed basis; accepts completed application and forwards to Resident Services for processing.
- Provides back-up to staff as needed by assisting clients with housing changes, and assisting tenants with requests for work orders, and routing documents.
- Originates work orders, contacts applicable sources for work estimates to complete orders timely. Logs work order requests and completes data entry as needed.
- Maintains organized filing for department to include files, documents, correspondence, and other materials in a timely manner.
- Keeps a log of incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail timely. Assist staff as needed for processing and ensuring that overnight mail are sent timely, and delivers/picks up mail from post office as needed.
- Prepares deposit for Set Aside Program.
- Coordinates with other department or programs for home improvement assistance to clients after verifying identification an obtaining signature.
- Updates client files and enters data into HDS database.
- Responsible for typing and mailing correspondence or other documents on a monthly basis and as assigned by supervisor.
- Routes documents as necessary.
- Responsible for managing Complaint Log, routing complaints to Director or his/her designee, and assisting staff with follow up correspondence.
- Maintains all Housing office supplies and copier maintenance as needed.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma/GED and at least two years of general office experience; or a minimum of three years experience of combined progressively responsible experience in housings or social services, or other related work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to accurately use the computer to produce word processing, spreadsheet and database documents (Word, Excel and Access).
Ability to identify, read analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Must have and maintain a valid WA State Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance. Driver’s License must not contain any restrictions that would otherwise prevent the employee from driving a GSA vehicle.
- Must be flexible, a team player, and able to deal with stressful situations.
- Must be friendly, courteous and tactful. Must maintain effective working relationships with Set Aside and Tribal staff.
- Must be dependable and have an ability to keep track of various tasks.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must be able to attend trainings as required by supervisor.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check prior to hire, and periodically throughout employment thereafter.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile, and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is low to moderate
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA