Manager, Supply Chain Operations
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
The incumbent will manage and be accountable for the tactical functions associated with the Contract Manufacturing/Packaging arena, supplying both Consumer Healthcare products (Avrio Health business) and Pharmaceutical products. This includes the timely planning and scheduling of materials to support desired inventory goals. Work closely with supporting groups (i.e. Supplier Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Package Design and Development, etc.) to ensure product can be compliantly produced, packaged, and distributed to market in support of product demand.
- Responsible for managing Contract Manufacturing /Packaging business relationships with suppliers.
- Manages planning and scheduling of contract manufacturing services including all master scheduling and buyer/planner activities as per guidelines put forth in each unique Supply Agreement.
- Maintain target inventory levels of products being planned by incumbent, minimizing scrap and excess stock for optimal asset management.
- Coordinate inter‑departmental activities in the transition of new and/or existing products to contract manufacturers and packagers.
- Coordinate product decommissioning activities upon product rationalization decisions.
- Maintain current and accurate ERP system master file data integrity (Item Master, Planning Records, Bill of Materials, MRP/DRP, Purchase Orders, Vendor Master, etc.).
- Improve department policies and procedures in support of the most efficient operation and to maintain the highest levels of customer service.
- Keep current training qualifications based on required training curricula.
Education and Experience
BS/BA in Business or related field plus 5‑10 years Consumer Healthcare and/or Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent procedure creation and the ability to clearly communicate instructions and policies and procedures effectively.
- Inventory management and production scheduling expertise preferably in contract manufacturing.
- Experience managing multi‑functional disciplines across departments.
- Background with computerized planning systems (preferably SAP) is necessary to plan and manage inventory requirements.
- Working knowledge of all the aspects of production and operations are required to interpret reports and make operational decisions.
- Working knowledge computer software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc. is necessary to control, analyze and present the extensive amount of data presented to the incumbent.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if Applicable)
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Purdue Pharmaceuticals L.P. Technical Operations, 4701 Purdue Drive, Wilson, North Carolina, United States of America