Rhodes Pharmaceuticals L.P. has developed and distributed quality pharmaceutical products nationwide since 2008. With our R&D capabilities, industry partnerships, broad customer base, and strong relationships with suppliers, we offer reliable supply of high-quality products at competitive prices. Rhodes is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Purdue Pharma L.P.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to our Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
With close supervision, this position will assist analytical method development, validation, and transfer, stability testing and activities to support regulatory filing and clinical studies in compliance with all applicable guidelines. This position will conduct routine sample analysis for prototype formulation development and some advanced laboratory procedures utilizing appropriate instrumentation. This position may author laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), methods, protocols, and reports. This position will be responsible for certain laboratory instrument maintenance/qualification to ensure they are compliant with established procedures and cGMP requirements. This position will maintain accuracy in scientific data and notebook writing.
- Perform analytical test methods to generate data to understand and support formulation development of drug products.
- Assist analytical method development to characterize and ensure quality of the drug products.
- Perform stability testing and data trending.
- Write and review necessary test methods, protocols and reports to accurately document completion of tasks.
- Operate and maintain all analytical instrumentation and equipment as per established procedures. Responsible for certain laboratory instrument maintenance and qualification.
- Write and revise SOPs.
- Comply with all safety, regulatory and corporate procedures and policies to ensure that the laboratory is a safe and effective workplace.
- Contribute as necessary to internal and external project meeting as required to advance drug product projects.
- Performs other related assignments and duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS with 2-5+ years or MS with 0-3+ years of relevant experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates basic understanding, working knowledge and ability in primary scientific discipline.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of industry guidance (GMP, GLP, etc).
- Skillful in HPLC, dissolution, FTIR, UV, KF and wet chemistry.
- Some experience in pharmaceutical method development, validation and transfer.
- Conducts routine analyses and laboratory procedures utilizing appropriate instrumentation. Organize and plan activities for assigned projects.
- With less supervision, conducts routine and some advanced laboratory procedures utilizing appropriate instrumentation.
- Able to independently identify/observe problems and recommend solutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
There are no direct reports for this position. However, role requires collaboration with other team members of Analytical Research and Development to fulfill project needs. Communicates effectively with Product Development and other functional groups. Keeps supervisor informed of progress, problems or suggestions for improvement.
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Research & Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Rhodes Technologies, 498 Washington Street, Coventry, Rhode Island, United States of America