Senior Analyst, Finance- Business Development
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
The Sr. Analyst position will rotate through multiple lines of business in the finance organization and will benefit from a cross-functional generalist experience. This role will have duel reporting lines into the Executive Director of Business Development Finance and the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
1.Business Development Finance
2.Financial Planning & Analysis
- Understand the Company’s portfolio and develop and update internal pipeline models as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of analytics and presentation materials as needed (to constituents including management and the Board).
- Partner with assigned business functional leaders to develop annual budget and long-term plan ensuring all timelines and reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for assigned functions month-end close activities, preparing journal entries, performing account analysis, maintaining schedules and ledgers, and creating account reconciliation.
- Develop and manage assigned functions monthly reports to identify business results and key variance drivers as well as risks and opportunities.
- This role may be expected to take on cross-functional special projects within finance from time to time. These assignments will provide the Sr. Analyst with developmental opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field is preferred
- 1-3 years of finance or accounting work experience.
- Some experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, investment analysis, or mergers and acquisitions is preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required, in addition to expertise with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Facility using accounting principles including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Preferred skills:
- Familiarity with Factset
- Familiarity with valuation methodologies and investment analysis
- Some financial modeling skills, including for example: discounted cash flows, P&L analyses, expected values, risk analyses, and/or decision trees.
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 201 Tresser Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, USA