Full Time Wound Care Technician
Full Time Wound Care Technician
At RestorixHealth, our mission is simple…to restore health and improve the quality of life!
We are looking for a dedicated Wound Technician candidate to provide specialized care of chronic or slowly healing wounds. This technician assists in the implementation of established treatment programs in the use of wound dressing materials within the scope of practice. Participates in patient education and demonstrates techniques to patients and caregivers enabling proper care at home. Maintains a daily record of treatments used and progress made, reports to the physician or nurse and assists in minor surgical procedures. Assists as Scribe for providers where applicable.
Take your passion for enhancing the lives of patient and turn it into a career, join the RestorixHealth Team and APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer:
- Monday – Friday schedule, no weekends
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k)
- Generous paid time off
- Internal ongoing educational opportunities
What You’ll Do:
- Must function within the state established "Scope of Practice" guidelines based on which active license/certification the Wound Care Technician holds, completion of required competencies and applicable training. for a Wound Care Technician
- Supports the center’s ideology, mission, goals and objectives
- Performs in accordance with the hospital/center’s policies and procedures
- Follows the center’s standards for ethical business conduct
- Conducts self as a positive role model and team member
- Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties
- Assigned to provider to transcribe as directed.
- Thoroughly and accurately recording all elements of patient visit, including but not limited to: wound assessment, lower extremity assessment and procedures.
- Appropriately applying basic medical terminology and techniques from training.
- Participates in center committees, meetings, in-services and activities
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
- Interacts with others in a positive, respectful and considerate manner
- Uses center resources appropriately
- Analyzes work area and makes recommendations for potential cost-effective improvements
- Contributes to the progress and development of the organization’s performance-improvement program
- Participates in data collection activities to support performance improvement
- Reports observed or suspected safety violations, hazards and policy and procedure non-compliance to the safety coordinator or other designated person
- Maintains professional competence by participating in continuing education and other learning experiences
- Assists with supply and equipment inventories to maintain stock level and availability
- Assist patients to the room observing policies, procedures and safety requirements and according to patient needs
- Prepares room according to requirements of patient and procedure to be performed
- Assembles and provides properly functioning equipment, supplies and instruments before start of procedure
- Will be required to cross cover any duties within scope, including but not limited to Front Desk Coordinator responsibilities.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient, nurse and physician
- Performs vital signs and prepares patient for examination by the physician
- Prepares patient for wound assessment under appropriate supervision
- Measures and photographs wounds pre and post procedure as per policy
- Assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient
- Cooperative work attitude toward co-workers, management, patients, visitors and physicians
- High school graduate or GED certification
- CNA or MA with active license/certification in appropriate state (Diploma or degree from a Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant program; State Certification preferred but not required)
- BLS certification
- Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal and telephone communication in American English
- Strong technical skills such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- One (1) year in healthcare setting required
At RestorixHealth, we grow talent. When you join our team, you have the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential, including the possibility to move functionally, geographically, laterally and vertically. This is a career destination for engaged, caring, passionate and talented people who want to make a difference. We are the leader in the development and management of comprehensive wound healing and Amputation Prevention Center facilities.
RestorixHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Yoakum, TX 77995, USA