Full Time Medical Assistant (MA)
Full Time Medical Assistant
At RestorixHealth, our mission is simple…to restore health and improve the quality of life!
Our Medical Assistants are the heart and soul behind what we do. Working under the supervision of a provider or registered nurse, specializing in the care of chronic or slowly healing wounds. Assists in the implementation of established treatment programs in the use of wound dressing materials within the scope of practice.
Participates in patient education and demonstrates techniques to patients and caregivers enabling proper care at home. Maintains a daily record of treatments used and progress made, reports to the physician or nurse and assists in minor surgical procedures. Assists as Scribe for providers where applicable.
Take your passion for enhancing the lives of patients and turn it into a career, join the RestorixHealth Team and APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer:
- Monday – Friday schedule, no weekends
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k)
- Internal ongoing education opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Great work/life balance
What You’ll Do:
- Must function within the state established "Scope of Practice" guidelines for a CNA/MA
- Supports the center’s ideology, mission, goals and objectives
- Performs in accordance with the hospital/center’s policies and procedures
- Follows the center’s standards for ethical business conduct
- Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties
- Assigned to provider to transcribe as directed.
- Thoroughly and accurately recording all elements of patient visit, including but not limited to: wound assessment, lower extremity assessment and procedures.
- Appropriately applying basic medical terminology and techniques from training.
- Learning and abiding by HIPAA guidelines
- Participates in center committees, meetings, in-services and activities
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians and co- workers.
- Participates in data collection activities to support performance improvement
- Reports observed or suspected safety violations, hazards and policy and procedure non- compliance to the safety coordinator or other designated person
- Assists with supply and equipment inventories to maintain stock level and availability
- Assist patients to the room observing policies, procedures and safety requirements and according to patient needs
- Prepares room according to requirements of patient and procedure to be performed
- Assembles and provides properly functioning equipment, supplies and instruments before start of procedure
- Assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient
- High school graduate or GED certification
- CNA or MA with active license/certification in appropriate state (Diploma or degree from a Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant program; State Certification preferred but not required)
- BLS AHA certification
- Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal and telephone communication in American English
- Strong technical skills such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- One (1) year in healthcare setting requiremed
At RestorixHealth, we grow talent. When you join our team, you can develop your career based on your strengths and potential, including the possibility to move functionally, geographically, laterally and vertically. This is a career destination for engaged, caring, passionate and talented people who want to make a difference. We are the leader in the development and management of comprehensive wound healing and Amputation Prevention Center facilities.
RestorixHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anderson County, TN, USA
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Oak Ridge, TN, USA