HR BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title: Human Resources Benefits Administrator FLSA status: Exempt Reports to: Director of Human Resources Hours: 40 hours a week
Position Summary: The Human Resources Benefits Administrator assists the Director of Human Resources in the administration of employee health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits, FMLA and other general Human Resources related duties, as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and coordinate all employee benefit plans (health, dental, vision, HRA, Life/AD&D, LTD, STD, retirement, etc.) with third-party administrators, carriers, and insurance brokers.
- Perform all benefit administration duties to include communication of all benefit information to a diverse population of employees: process enrollments and changes, reconcile invoices for payment, assist employees with claims issues and required compliance and disclosure matters.
- Coordinate Open Enrollment for the agency.
- Conduct monthly Benefits Orientations for employees
- Create and maintain employee personnel files.
- Perform all payroll status and benefits changes in Ceridian Dayforce; work closely with Payroll to ensure accuracy of deductions and contributions.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manage the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Ensure compliance of the Maryland New Hire Registry
● Provide employment and wage verifications.
- Maintain medical/confidential files in compliance with all State and Federal laws.
- Maintain and ensure compliance of Form I-9, to include audits.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources benefits. Identify trends that could impact organizational objectives and/or operational resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's degree in HR or related field, and three years’ of experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-PC/SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Experience designing, developing, interpreting, implementing and monitoring HR benefits programs, a plus.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce HRIS or payroll, a plus.
- · Proven ability to objectively handle complex, difficult, and emotional issues with employees; maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal use communication skills.
- · Ability to research and analyze various types of data information is required.
- In-depth working knowledge with MS Office Suite.
- · Must have the ability to interpret laws and policies, make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with organization standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- · Ability to organize and prioritize work; willingness to work beyond a standard workweek as needed and to assist with team efforts in other areas of HR as needed.
NOTE: At the discretion of the Director of HR and CEO, additional related experience and/or education may be substituted in lieu of the requirements specified above under Education and Experience.
- Job Family NONDSP
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore County, MD, USA
- Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, MD, USA