Senior Software Developer (Job Req. #2021-167)
Why Work at Ross Video?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
As Senior Software Developer, you will be assigned large task components and you will work closely with the product manager to determine the scope and extent of the needed feature.
You will work on Ross’ line of Video Servers to adapt them to new customer needs and fix issues. Using Visual Studio and/or the LLVM compilers, you will use the latest C++ versions available and add to your experience in designing large software modules independently. How you choose to build your solutions will be largely self-directed. Hash through your ideas and problems with peers while helping them with their issues and ideas.
• Investigate, specify, design, implement, test, and maintain new features.
• Fix and enhance existing code
• Occasionally dive in and make rapid fixes to solve critical customer issues in a timely manner
• Bachelor Degree in a STEM field of study, or prior job experience in programming
• Exceptional C++ coding skills including all of C, object-oriented programming, integer bit operations, memory management, multi-threading (either C++ native or OS-provided threading), and use of STL templates.
• Familiarity with at least one version control system
• Familiarity with TCP/IP client-server programming
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Helpful, but not required:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
• Experience with Qt
• Ability to write in at least one other programming language (Python, C#, Go, etc)
• Embedded/Realtime programming experience
• Experience in the video equipment industry
• Experience using SQLite to store simple project files and user preferences
• Experience using the FFmpeg libraries
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work.
We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross!
We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Pay Type Salary