Technical Commissioning Specialist (Job Req #2021-347)
Why Work at Ross Video?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Technical Commissioning Specialist
The Technical Commissioning Specialist is responsible for performing the commissioning of Ross products and integrating these into the Broadcast systems at client locations across the USA. This front-line individual is responsible for managing customer expectations, implementing software and hardware configurations per product standards, completing required documentation, providing end user technical training and ensuring that the system performs as specified. This key individual works closely with our Sales and Technical Services Team to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Onsite software installation/Upgrades.
- Commissioning of multiple product lines.
- Customer technical training services.
- Complete required documentation. ie daily reports
- Customer/technical service.
- Troubleshoot technical/systems issues at customer facilities.
- Handle technical support calls and follow documentation policies.
- Provide support to the implementation team, as required.
- Assist with set-up of and attend tradeshows, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
You should have:
- Technical diploma and knowledge of broadcast systems
- Additional education and computer courses are strong assets.
- Superior customer skills, including excellent verbal and written communications (English mandatory)
- Willingness to become an expert in Ross Video products.
- Knowledge of other languages is a definite asset.
- Project management experience would be an asset.
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, positive, determined, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to envision entire projects and look for problem areas, High initiative, resourceful and well-developed analytical skills.
- High Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to various audiences.
- Ability to function is highly stressful situations.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills of Broadcast systems.
- Knowledge of Ross Video products would be a definite asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills.
- A strong desire to get the job done.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Passport
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work.
We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross!
We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Pay Type Salary
- United States