Santa Monica Motel - Room Attendant (Part Time)
$19.00 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day training period.
We provide all employees with:
- Sick-Pay (up to 40 hours per calendar year)
- 401k plan option with employer match up to 5% of total eligible income
- On-site parking
- Public transportation cost reimbursement
- Alternative modes of transportation pay for walking, biking, or carpooling to work!
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Part Time, Temp, and On Call
Motel Manager and Front desk supervisor
This position does not supervise anyone
Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms, lobby areas, and common areas as assigned ensuring the Santa Monica Motel’s established standards of cleanliness. This position is responsible reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. A successful person in this position must ensure confidentially and security of all guest rooms.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean assigned guest rooms by priority.
- Transport cast with cleaning supplies, amenities, and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Empty trash containers and recycling bins.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor
- Replace dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and other amenities.
- Dust and polish all furniture, pictures, frames, mirrors, light bulbs and switches, TV and remote, as well as cable box.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from all doors, drapes, windows, ledges, frames, baseboards, AC unit, corners and telephones
- Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawers and guest service directory, replace designates amounts at proper locations in room.
- Vacuum throughout entire room
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift as well as empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys and/or guest property(s) turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to supervisor to notify security.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to your supervisor.
- Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures
- Adhere to Lost and Found policy including internal key control.
- Other essential room cleaning duties as operations change in the future.
- Make up cribs and clean rollaway beds
- Stock laundry and supply closets
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPENTENCIES:
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Honesty; has honest, direct, and factual communication and actions with internal and external customers.
- Collaboration; proactive in building supporting, nurturing, and service-oriented relationships with employees; works collaboratively to resolve problems and enhance productivity; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Integrity & Loyalty; conducts self with high level of ethics and makes decisions with honest intentions that are in the best interest of the company and employees. Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with a high level of integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Humble; conducts self and treats all employees with respect; without arrogance, degradation, or coercion; treats all employees with equal regardless of position/status.
- Innovation; constantly searches for best practices in technology, services, and procedures. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work;
- Flexible; considers others point of view to find the best solution for customer and company; proven ability to be flexible and adapt to change; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays.
- Problem Solving: Uses a professional, neutral/unbiased, and highly diplomatic inter-personal approach.
- Interpersonal: Customer focused and effective relationship-building skills; ability to effectively interact with all employee levels; frontline, Managers, Directors, Executives;
- Diversity: Strong commitment to diversity and equality in a company culture.
- Communication: Strong communication (verbal and written) in discussing challenges to supervisor
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to operate under pressure in a fast-paced environment; able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Must have, as a minimum of 6 months experience, in a similar capacity in a hotel with attention to detail.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS:
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis to perform duties. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding
- Ability to exert physical effort consistent with cleaning an industry standard number of rooms per shift (approximately 14-16 standard rooms).
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical on weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We participate in E-Verify.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- 2102 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA