Santa Monica Motel Front Desk Agent (Full-time)
$19.62 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day training period.
Full-time employment benefits include:
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options
- Life Insurance (employer sponsored)
We also provide all employees with:
- Sick-Pay (up to 40 hours per calendar year)
- 401k plan option with employer match up to 5% of total eligible income
- On-site parking
- Public transportation cost reimbursement
- Alternative modes of transportation pay for walking, biking, or carpooling to work!
Front Desk Agent
Santa Monica Motel
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Part-Time, Regular
The Motel Supervisor
This position will not supervise anyone.
- Greet guests and perform check-in process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms,
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, making change and ensure guest turn in all keys.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of motel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Field guest complaints and assist in a resolution for complete guest satisfaction.
- Review occupancy, daily arrivals & departures and identify potential problems with rooms’ activity and take appropriate action.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with the motel Supervisor and the other employees.
- Answer phones, take reservation and update log book.
- Be compliant and understand Santa Monica Motel’s policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all supplies given to employees and guests in a timely and professional manner.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Follow and enforce all Santa Monica Motel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Keep front desk and lobby completely stocked operational materials at beginning, during and end of shift, including having fresh coffee available.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPENTENCIES:
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Honesty; has honest, direct, and factual communication and actions with internal and external customers.
- Collaboration; proactive in building supporting, nurturing, and service-oriented relationships with employees; works collaboratively to resolve problems and enhance productivity; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Integrity & Loyalty; conducts self with high level of ethics and makes decisions with honest intentions that are in the best interest of the company and employees. Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with a high level of integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Humble; conducts self and treats all employees with respect; without arrogance, degradation, or coercion; treats all employees with equal regardless of position/status.
- Innovation; constantly searches for best practices in technology, services, and procedures. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Analytical: Highly detail-oriented, proficient with managing, editing, analyzing large volumes of complex numerical data.
- Flexible; considers others point of view to find the best solution for customer and company; proven ability to be flexible and adapt to change; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays.
- Problem Solving: Uses a professional, neutral/unbiased, and highly diplomatic inter-personal approach.
- Interpersonal: Customer focused and effective relationship-building skills; ability to effectively interact with all employee levels; frontline, Managers, Directors, Executives;
- Diversity: Strong commitment to diversity and equality in a company culture.
- Communication: Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to operate under pressure in a fast-paced environment; able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a Motel/Hotel or customer service role.
- Motel experience is preferred but not required.
Must be at a learning level of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• High school diploma or GED.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS:
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical.
- Hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week.
- Ability to stand during shifts
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We participate in E-Verify.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 2102 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA