Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic
SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators, and various other support equipment.
The Mechanic 1 position is an entry level mechanic position with opportunity for advancement.
Work will include preventative maintenance and light repairs of various chassis manufacturers and upfit configurations.
In this position you will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Perform chassis preventative maintenance and light repairs to chassis and upfit components
- Assist senior mechanics with advanced repairs
- Change tires
- Complete basic inspections and associated repairs
- 1-2 years of mechanic experience or recent trade school graduate
- Toolbox and basic hand tools
- Ability to perform standard chassis PM services (fluid and filter changes and grease components)
- Ability to perform basic inspections and complete basic repairs
- Ability and willingness to assist higher level mechanics and perform repairs under their supervision
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed
- Willingness to learn
- Consistent attendance
- Positive Attitude
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
- Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching and standing.
Preference will be given to applicants (not required):
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a desire to learn and advance
- Experience working on heavy equipment
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime on occasion
- Competitive Wages
- Guaranteed Minimum Hours
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Well-maintained fleet of newer trucks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- Fairless Hills, PA, USA