SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators,and various other support equipment.
The Mechanic position is experienced mechanic position with opportunity for advancement.
Work will include preventative maintenance and light repairs of various chassis manufacturers and up fit configurations.
In this position you will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Perform chassis preventative maintenance and light repairs to chassis and up-fit components
- Diagnose and provide decisions to management to repair issues found
- Hydraulic and electric diagnostics
- Change tires
- Road calls on minor repair issues
- Complete basic inspections and associated repairs
- 3-4years of mechanic experienceor recent trade school graduate
- Toolbox and basic hand tools
- Ability to perform standard chassis PM services (fluid and filter changes and grease components)
- Ability to perform basic inspections of equipment and complete basic repairs
- Ability and willingness to assist other mechanics and help perform repairs
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed
- Willingness to learn
- Consistent attendance
- Positive Attitude
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reachingand standing.
Preference will be given to applicants (not required):
Have a valid driver’s license (CDL is a plus)
Have a desire to learn and advance
Experience working on heavy equipment
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime on occasion
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.00
- Max Hiring Rate $27.00
- Yorktown, VA 23690, USA