Director Human Resources
Under the direction of and in coordination with the CHRO, develop, implement, communicate, and measure programs and policies to attract and retain high quality employees who are well trained and engaged in the achievement of companywide objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day human resource activities of the FSO HR staff, Regional HR staff and Recruiting staff, including hiring and training, setting priorities, managing performance, providing support, and coaching, and ensuring progress toward organizational goals.
- Work in partnership with the COO and RVPs to understand operational objectives, then create, implement, communicate, and interpret HR policies and processes in support of FSO objectives and regional needs. Work closely with regional HR and Recruiting staff in their execution of such policies and processes.
- Manage employee onboarding processes and work with CHRO to develop and implement programs to ensure compliance and positive employee experiences throughout the hiring and post-hire process.
- In coordination with the CHRO, design, implement and measure programs to drive employee engagement and retention at all levels of the organization; develop a company culture around performance management, continuous training & development, succession planning, and leadership development.
- Manage employee and labor relations matters in a proactive, consistent, and timely manner; develop and implement clear policies, processes, reporting mechanisms and documentation procedures and ensure employees at all levels of the organization are properly trained and aware of our policies; direct the related activities of the regional HR staff, including coaching, counseling, disciplinary programs and performance management. Work closely with in-house and external counsel as may be necessary to resolve matters.
- Oversee the successful integration of acquisitions, including working with the CHRO to evaluate due diligence information, onboarding and communicating with employees, evaluating, and planning for benefit and other transitions, and building programs to immerse new employees into the SCA culture.
- Manage our benefit and leave programs, ensuring federal, state, and local compliance and full integration with other HR policies and programs; develop and communicate policies and efficient processes, ensuring field communications and reporting are timely executed. Coordinate directly with brokers, advisors, carriers, and other vendors to ensure timely planning and reporting, as well as automation and efficiency.
- Manage all vendor relationships including HRIS, drug testing, background checking, UI management, benefits and others as may be applicable. In coordination with CHRO, regularly review vendor contracts, set performance expectations, and evaluate against established metrics, making recommendations for changes or upgrades as needed.
- Other projects as needed in support of our business objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent preferred, which is typically obtained through 8 or more years of human resource management level experience.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of exempt level human resource experience required, including experience in a fast paced, growing field-based service organization. Must have experience interacting with and supporting a field-based hourly workforce in both a regional and corporate level role.
- Strong working knowledge of national labor laws, policy development, implementation and communication, and experience identifying and executing positive policies and programs designed to drive retention.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly customer-service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous and professional manner at all times, and coach HR and Recruiting staff to be accountable to the same standards.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients and vendors, while functioning as a team player required.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills and ability to articulate policies and procedures in a clear, concise manner.
- Position is typically performed in corporate work environment but will require travel (between 25-50% intermittently) to visit regions and work sites, conduct training, investigate employee/labor relations, or conduct acquisition integration communication meetings.
- Competitive Wage
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is constantly required to talk and hear (effectively communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment in English), and must be able to read computer screens, and both read and create correspondence and reports in English. Must be able to write handwritten reports and notes in clear, legible English.
- The employee must frequently sit at a desk, frequently stand and walk, occasionally stoop and/or bend, and frequently reach with both hands and arms.
- Must be able to commute to the FSO office location to perform the job duties on a consistent basis within the work hours required.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis (such as when visiting a site or customer location).
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- Must be able to travel using standard air carriers and processes on an intermittent but regular basis, including overnight travel, hotel stays and use of rideshare travel.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above normal for portions of the workday.
- The employee must be able to work a regular full-time schedule and must be able to work more than a standard 40 hour, Monday-Friday schedule as required by business needs (i.e., must have flexibility and willingness to work the amount of time required to meet expectations for the position, which may regularly be an additional 10+ hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours on an infrequent basis).
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities. Must also be able to effectively handle high stress situations, and calmly respond to others during tense or difficult conversations.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- The employee must be able to maintain a professional image, including exhibiting good personal hygiene, neat and well-groomed appearance, and appropriate business attire.
- Must be able to abide by the Company’s zero-tolerance drug/alcohol policy, not be under the influence of drugs (prescription or illegal) or alcohol to any degree while working, and report prescription drug use if such has the possibility of affecting job performance in any manner.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cleveland, OH, USA