Buildings & Grounds Attendant - Part Time - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Buildings and Grounds Attendant will support San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance’s mission of saving species worldwide by keeping all assigned areas clean, sanitary, safe, and orderly. This position will report to the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, Manager, and/or Senior Operations Manager.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Maintains cleanliness of tools, equipment and vehicles
- Cleans patios, walk ways, streets, and other public areas
- Cleans tables, chairs, benches, signs, umbrellas and awnings
- Empties and cleans trash/recycle containers
- Collects trash and debris
- Sorts recycled materials
- Loads debris and refuse on trucks
- Cleans, maintains and restocks restrooms
- Operates trucks and/or carts used in cleaning operations
- Steam cleans and/or pressure washes bins, grounds, equipment and vehicles
- Drains and cleans pools as needed
- Cleans interiors of buildings
- Polishes stainless steel and brass surfaces
- Vacuums carpets and waxes floors using heavy equipment
- Washes windows, cleans walls, blinds and furniture
- Performs minor and routine utility maintenance repairs
- Supports the management team and decisions
- Consistently meets all of the organization and department’s performance standards
- Maintains a high level of professionalism
- Possesses good work ethics
- Follows the "Rules of Engagement" on a daily basis
- Adheres to all SDZWA and department policies and practices
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent guest service skills
- Safe work practices and policies
- Methods, materials and equipment used in grounds keeping and custodial work
- Proper handling and usage of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Basic computer skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Working in a fast-paced, high volume diverse team environment·
- Safely operating carts, small and large motor vehicles·
- Safely operating power cleaning equipment and heavy equipment
- Performing heavy manual labor effectively
- Completing work on schedule with minimal supervision
- Dealing tactfully and courteously with the public and employees
- Communicating effectively (verbal and written)
- Working in a diverse team environment and motivate others
- Following directions effectively
- Consistently performing essential job functions
This position has been identified as one requiring at least occasional lifting in excess of 48 pounds; move moderate to heavy objects; move about grounds and buildings; move about on slippery surfaces and work from elevated positions, includes ladders; walk up and down hills, stairs and throughout assigned areas for prolonged periods of time; frequent stooping, bending, lifting, reaching, twisting and repetitive hand movement.
- Location: San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Duration: Year Round
- Positions available: 10
- Union Position: $14.00 – This position requires union initiation fees and monthly dues
- Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted. Full job description may be requested at that time.
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER - San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Join our team and build a career protecting wildlife around the globe with your passion for wildlife!
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA