Camp Aide - Part Time - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction.
The Camp Aide performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance's mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Camp Aide ensures the operations and maintenance of the Roar & Snore camp runs efficiently and provides great customer service; share general information and answer questions about the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and Roar & Snore. This position reports to the Education Supervisor/San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
• Clean campsite (including tents, picnic areas & walkways)
• Repair tents or damages if needed
• Prepare tents for campers
• Guest check-in
• Educate campers regarding the event
• Escort campers in & out of the Safari Park
• Answer questions and assist with any concerns or problems
• Pick up and delivery luggage
• Haul firewood and stock campsite
• Open gates for tour guides
• Ensure guest safety
• Operate electrical carts and motor vehicles
• Adheres to all SDZWA and department policies and practices
• Practices the GRRREAT Customer Service Standards
- Check guest in for their stay
- Educate campers on what the event will consist of when they check in
- Escort campers in & out of the Safari Park - either by cart or walking
- Pick up and deliver luggage, drive it to and from the camp
- Follow behind tours to ensure safety of guests
- Set up and rebuild tents when necessary
- Reconstruct campsite when necessary
- Organize and thoroughly clean our multiple containers
- Set up and breakdown for Special Events; to include but not limited to decorating, organizing crafts, and management of volunteers.
- Direct traffic
- Shuttle VIP's during Special Events
Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience or training as a camp aide is desirable; valid California driver license required.
• The Safari Park, plants and animals
• Effective customer relations skills
• Communicate effectively
• Work effectively with others
• Work independently without supervision
• Multi-task and prioritize
• Follow instructions and learn fast
• Be punctual and professional
Work outdoors; exposure to varying weather conditions, dust, and allergens; work in temperatures above 100 degrees in the summer months.
Lift up to 40 pounds or more on an on-going bases unassisted; stand and walk for long periods of time; operates a variety of motor vehicles.
- Location: San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Safari Experiences Department
- Duration: Year round
- Positions available: 9
- Union Position: Starting hourly wage $14.00
- If selected, there are union fees and dues to be paid to the Union
- Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted. Full job description may be requested at that time
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to email@example.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Join our team and build a career protecting wildlife around the globe with your passion for wildlife!
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA