Food Service Clerk - Part Time - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Food Service Clerk will support San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance’s mission of saving species worldwide by preparing, serving and selling food items. This position reports to the Food Stand Lead, Supervisor and Manager. A Food Service Clerk is assigned and responsible for one or more areas of food preparation, service, sales and maintenance.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepares and sells food items
- Assists with daily preparation of food items as needed
- Assists with the daily set-up and closure of assigned location
- Operates food service equipment and machines safely
- Assists with maintaining a safe and sanitary work area
- Keeps all necessary food items and supplies stocked
- Practices safe food handling procedures
- Follows cash handling protocol and procedures
- Operates a cash register and handles cash accurately
- Make Customer Service a top priority
- Provides information to guests or directs to a knowledgeable source
- Professionally handle difficult situations with employees or guests
- Good work ethics and meets Organization performance standards
- Assists new personnel as needed
- Assists Lead, Cooks, Manager and Supervisor as needed
- Compliance with SDZWA and Health Departments uniform standards
- Maintains a passing grade on the Environmental Health Department tests
- Adheres to all SDZWA and department policies and practices
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The San Diego Zoo Safari Park’s Retail Department is seeking friendly and motivated employees with excellent guest service skills. Applicants must be available weekends and at least two weekdays. This position requires standing for extended periods of time. Periodic heavy lifting up to 40 pounds and cleaning and maintaining all areas and equipment. Scheduled work hours will vary, approximately 15-30 hours per week.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Methods, materials and equipment used in food service
- Food presentation and portion control of food items served in their location
- Basic inventory controls and best practices
- Basic usage and care of standard kitchen equipment and utensils
- Safety rules and regulations
- Guest service standards and policies and uniform standards
- Operate food service equipment and machines safely
- Operate a cash register accurately and effectively
- Operate assigned tools and equipment safely
- Multi-task and prioritize to meet the demands of business
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Deal tactfully and courteously with guests and employees
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Understand and carry out both verbal and written instructions
- Work in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Work competently with large diverse groups of people
- Location: San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Union Position: Starting hourly wage $14.00
- If selected, there are union fees and dues to be paid to the Union
Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted. Full job description may be requested at that time
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to email@example.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Join our team and build a career protecting wildlife around the globe with your passion for wildlife!
- Job Function 4.06
- Pay Type Hourly
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA