Catering Worker - Full Time Seasonal - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction.
HOW WILL YOU IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Catering Worker supports San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by performing a variety of moderately difficult duties in the serving of food orders to catering customers, setting and clearing properly, and keeping assigned tables and areas clean and orderly. This position is a seasonal full-time opportunity from June 1st through September 10th and will report to the Catering Lead, Food Service Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serves orders for food and beverages
- Prepares some food items such as salads and sauces
- Assists in escorting guests to and from scheduled activities
- Advises guests regarding menu items
- Set up and tear down of events including tables and chairs
- Assists guests
- Answers guests' questions regarding the Zoo and Safari Park
- Greets guests
- Closes down event in a timely manner
- Follows standard inventory procedures
- Adheres to all SDZWA and department policies and practices
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is seeking an individual who is inspired to be a part of an organization that is committed to protecting wildlife around the globe. A conservation minded individual to join us in our commitment to provide opportunities to learn about, engage with best-in-class conservation work, and share how that work is changing outcomes for wildlife every day through visits to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Competently perform the essential functions, knowledge and skills outlined
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Effective customer service skills
- Assist customers in making menu selections
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public in a diverse environment
- Understand and carry-out instructions
- Understand diagrams
- Make simple arithmetic calculations
- Understand and accurately pour beer, wine and liquor
- Understand and operate equipment and appliances
- Serve guests with proper and consistent etiquette
- Give accurate information about the Zoo and Safari Park
Move moderate to heavy objects approximately 25-35 pounds; ability to move about in assigned areas; exposure to burns from hot plates, platters and warmers.This position has been identified as one requiring at least occasional lifting in excess of 50 pounds; move moderate to heavy objects and work from elevated positions and on slippery surfaces; standing, bending, squatting, twisting, and reaching; operate assigned tools and equipment.
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Duration: Seasonal full-time opportunity from June 1st to September 10th - Depending on work performance and staffing needs you may be invited to stay on as a Part Time team member at the end of the season.
- Union position: Starting hourly rate $15.27
- If selected, there are monthly fees and dues to be paid to the Union
Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted. Full job description available upon request.
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER - San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to email@example.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Join our team and build a career protecting wildlife around the globe with your passion for wildlife!
- Job Function 9.15
- Pay Type Hourly
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA