Guest Services Representative - Part Time - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction.
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction. Our commitment is to provide visits to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park as opportunities to learn about and engage with best-in-class conservation work, and how that work is changing outcomes for wildlife everyday.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Guest Services Representative performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance's mission and vision of saving species worldwide by encouraging people to join and support the Society; promotes, sells, and processes various categories of tours, memberships, donations, and subscriptions. This position reports to Membership Supervisor.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Processes and verifies a variety of passes
- Processes cash and credit card transactions
- Enters information into automated systems
- Handles member problems and complaints
- Answers telephone and replies to routine inquiries
- Produces routine documents and logs
- Processes correspondence as assigned
- Assists with special events as needed
- Prepares tour schedules
- Checks in tour groups
- Stores documents
- Provides routine clerical assistance as assigned
- Adheres to all SDZWA and department policies and practices
Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Individuals who can provide our guests with exceptional customer service experiences in a dynamic environment. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and build a career in the tourism industry. The ability to upsell is highly desired and rewarded with an incentive program. We are looking for team members with a positive attitude, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to put their passion for wildlife to work. Applicants who want to join this diverse team must be available a minimum of 4 days a week, holidays and weekends required. Hours scheduled per week will be approximately 8-28 hours. Hours will fluctuate as business dictates. Required dates for holidays and peak attendance - May 29-31, September 4-6, November 11, November 25-28, and December 24-31.
Desirable qualifications include communication skills; ability to handle a variety of transactions; ability to enter data into an automated system; ability to learn the procedures and benefits of membership and special experiences; and ability to work effectively with others. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Hotel Concierge or Hospitality is desirable
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Promoting membership sales desirable
- Sales techniques helpful
- Enter data into an automated system
- Use word processing and spreadsheet systems
- Learn the procedures and benefits of membership
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Make arithmetical calculations
- Work in fast pace sales environment
- Work with teams and effectively with others
- Communicate effectively
Perform each essential job function at a high level
- Location: San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Duration: Year round – Part-time
- Non-union: If you are currently in a union position, please make sure to reach out to your Benefits Representative in Human Resources, as this will affect your current benefits.
Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted. Full job description may be requested at that time
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER - San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Join our team and build a career protecting wildlife around the globe with your passion for wildlife!
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA