Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $65,000 - $70,000*
Business Unit: Accommodations
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
*Based on overtime, availability, and customer demands
Peak’s Generator Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of generators. The mechanic will daily assess the generator and perform routine maintenance like fueling and changing oil and filters. The mechanic should diagnose any fault and repair generator emergencies.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Troubleshoots and repairs alternating current electrical systems on generators, automatic transfer switches, generator controls and engine related mechanical failures
- Conducting periodic inspections
- Performs routine preventative maintenance, oil and filter changes and inspections on all generator and by-pass pumps.
- Correcting identified deficiencies
- Scheduling and oversight of major repairs
- Completing required documentation
- Excellent communication will be required; Open communication with management on status of repairs and/or maintenance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to Select’s insurance guidelines
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical, mechanical, diesel engine problems, as well as hydraulic, pump, and vacuum equipment
- Experience working on tractor trailers
- Basic welding skills
- Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions
- Intermediate knowledge of computer/lap top
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry, preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of hand tools/power tools
- Ability to travel to off-site locations for repair
- Must be able to use battery and charging system test equipment
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment and random DOT alcohol and drug screenings, background check, road test, and driving record review
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Peak is an equal opportunity employer. It is Peak’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air ActPeak requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
- Job Family Peak
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Midland, TX, USA