We are currently interviewing candidates to join Sequence, Inc. as Project Leads within our Northeast Operations (Greater Boston Area) with majority of projects focused within the pharmaceutical/biotech realms. In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership to complex technical projects, including planning, resource management, reporting, technical skills, and mentorship. Project Leads shall be capable of working independently and creatively in order to solve technical and strategic challenges for our clients. As a Project Lead, you are also directly responsible for providing an environment that can help our junior Sequence Consultants to learn, grow, and thrive.
This position is intended for those who embody Sequence’s core values of selfless Attitude, Aptitude for continued learning, and unstoppable Initiative.
Do you love to travel and explore new places? This position may require travel for specific projects with the opportunity to grow and work locally, primarily within the Greater Boston Area. Most projects are within the pharmaceutical industry. If you are willing to travel out-of-state and/or temporarily relocate you will be given top priority for this role!
In this role you will be held responsible for the day-to-day management of specific project deliverables, including, but not limited to:
Position Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Consultant Accountabilities
- Project Success
- Project Management responsibilities include:
- Review and provide comments to Regional Manager on bid package estimates for new opportunities
- NetSuite project set-up and maintenance for assigned project
- Manage resource mobilization/demobilization plans which may include interviewing applicants to support project
- Assist with review of consultant timesheets and resulting project invoices to ensure proper billing with respect toservice hours, expenses, and correct Purchase Orders, as applicable
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Ensure project operational metrics are trended and maintained at a high level (Cost Performance Index, Schedule Performance Index, etc.)
- Document and manage project change orders to ensure addition/subtraction of scope of work is reflected in overall project budget
- Facilitate monthly client stakeholder meetings to review budget, deliverable status, safety, project risks/roadblocks, etc.
- Ensures that team members are providing top-level services to their client(s), including:
- Providing high-quality deliverables, per client feedback
- Meeting requested timelines, as defined by client
- Identifying project improvements and communicating through employee 1-on-1 meetings so action items can be implemented to allow for a more positive experience for all employees
- Ensure team members maintain compliance with client training expectations
- Acting as site lead, or client relationship manager, at respective clients, as a conduit between Sequence and client. This involves active communication for positive and negative feedback, business opportunities, resource planning, etc.
- Reviewing and approving timesheets (SOP SCP-011) and expenses (SOP SCP-001) for consultants reporting to them, within their assigned projects
- Ensure employees forward client-approved time sheets (as applicable) to Sequence Accounting as soon as possible after timesheet approvals at month closure
- Employee Satisfaction
- Routinely meeting with project team members as a whole or one on one to communicate and receive employee/project updates
- Meetings can be formal or informal
- Meeting frequency will be determined based on project needs
- Monthly minimum frequency
- Meeting minutes / notes to be recorded and retained for future reference
- Provide both positive and negative feedback to employees
- Provide and/or assist Regional Manager with input for mitigation strategies for any employee performance issues
- Provide performance evaluation results via Peer Review to Regional Manager at a minimum yearly or upon project completion, whichever comes first
- Communicate and celebrate significant project successes / milestones with the project team
- Arrange team building activities or events, as budget allows, to foster relationship building
- Leading by example by embodying Sequence’s core values of attitude, aptitude and initiative
- Facilitation of career and professional development by pairing employees with project tasks/deliverables to further individual career goals
- Communicate ongoing training needs/deficiencies to Regional Manager to ensure People and Culture is informed of new training requirements
At a Minimum, Your Skills Include:
- A Bachelors or higher degree from an ABET accredited university in Life Sciences, Engineering, Business or similar degree OR a minimum of 3 years of experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry as it relates to engineering or quality & compliance services
- Intrinsic values that align with a Selfless Attitude, Technical Aptitude, and Unstoppable Initiative
- Understanding of the Qualification/Validation Lifecycle (GAMP 5)
- Understanding of GxP, GAMP, CFR’s as they relate to validation
- Understanding of how to apply SOPs, work instructions, and regulatory requirements to the validation
- Understanding of Data Integrity concepts
Here are Some of the Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive Pay as a Full Time Employee
- A Three-Week Training Program with on-going training thereafter
- Generous PTO/ Time off
- Bonus Plan
- Reimbursable Expenses (Phone, Internet, and Mileage to Client Site)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability and short-term disability
- A $50,000 team member only life insurance & ADD policy
- 401k plan with employer contributions
Sequence Inc. is a total quality solutions provider to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life-Science industries. United with our clients, we strive to provide services that result in deliverables of the highest quality. Through our knowledge, experience, and integrity we offer a level of service that is unsurpassed industry-wide (full-lifecycle). We specialize in providing excellence in Engineering, CQV, and Quality & Compliance.
Our employees embody core values that strengthen our culture and guide our overall success. The ability to maintain a selfless attitude creates a respectful environment where ideas are shared and valued. Our teams possess the technical proficiency to do the work and the Aptitude to continue learning, growing, and stretching their potential. Our unstoppable Initiative and willingness to get things done using new ideas grows our capabilities and drives our future achievements.
We value our employees, and beyond the great pay and benefits we offer, we care most about offering career opportunity and growth. We are a rapidly growing consulting firm and would love to discuss the prospect of you joining our team. Sequence Inc. is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities, EOE/M/F/D/V, to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Sequence or an affiliated Sequence business may not be eligible for consideration.
We are currently unable to sponsor.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
(21 CFR parts 11, 210, and 211), autoclaves, lyophilizers, washers, qualification, Gap analysis, CTU mapping, URS – User Requirement Specs, FRS – Functional Requirement Specs, SDD – System Design Description, VMP or MVP – Validation Master Plan, Traceability Matrix, Deviations, Commissioning, Facilities/Utilities, IQ/OQ/PQ – installation, operation, performance qualification, SOPs – Standard Operating Procedures, Execute/Execution, Requirements, Design, Testing, Documentation, Protocols, cGMP – current Good Manufacturing Practices, Lean Six Sigma, Yellow, Green, Black Belt, HVAC, Buffer, Washer, Lyophilizer, Fill/Finish, Mixer, CIP Skid, Bioreactor, Packaging, Serialization, Sterile/Sterilization/Aseptic, Clean Room, Elsai, Batch records
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 Speen St, Framingham, MA 01701, USA