We are currently interviewing candidates to join Sequence, Inc. as Project Engineers within our Northeast Operations (Greater Boston Area) with a majority of projects focused within the pharmaceutical/biotech realms. In this role, you will be responsible for a range of projects related to the commissioning & qualification of automated manufacturing systems. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be immersed in pharma 4.0 automation and process engineering.
This position is intended for those who embody Sequence’s core values of selfless Attitude, Aptitude for continued learning, and unstoppable Initiative.
Do you love to travel and explore new places? This position may require travel for specific projects with the opportunity to grow and work locally, primarily within the Greater Boston Area. Most projects are within the pharmaceutical industry. If you are willing to travel out-of-state and/or temporarily relocate you will be given top priority for this role!
In this role you will be held responsible for the day-to-day management of specific project deliverables, including, but not limited to:
Position Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Design reviews of P&IDs, FRSs, DDSs to ensure the desired functionality is achieved
- Evaluate and analyze commissioning and qualification data obtained through test execution to determine effectiveness and acceptability with regards to functionality and compliance (GMP)
- Perform P&ID walk-downs to determine As-Built drawings represent the actual system and identify issues with instrumentation and/or equipment
- Identify discrepancies, conduct investigations to determine root cause, implement change, and draft testing to demonstrate corrective action implementation reflects intended functionality
- Participate in meetings as the engineering representative for assigned projects involving project planning, scope development, design, construction, startup, qualification, validation, and administration
- Perform Receipt and Installation verification for control system hardware and various equipment supporting utilities and process operations
- Draft startup and shakedown documentation to assist process engineers with identification of mechanical, automation, and/or process issues prior to commissioning
- Draft commissioning and qualification protocols to sufficiently demonstrate the process is designed and fit for the intended use
- Must have a proficient understanding of life cycle documentation: User Requirement Specification (URS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), and Detailed Design Specification (DDS)
- Strong technical writing skills and proficient utilization of MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project
- Technical background encompassing process and automation with the ability to identify issues with regard to process and/or automation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships
- A willingness to update and maintain knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks
- Knowledge and utilization of regulatory compliance standards and quality assurance within regulated industries
- Understanding of business processes as applicable to manufacturing sciences
- Understanding of GxP, GAMP, CFR’s
- Understanding of how to apply SOPs, work instructions, and regulatory requirements
Here are Some of the Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive Pay as a Full Time Employee
- A Three-Week Training Program with on-going training thereafter
- Generous PTO/ Time off
- Bonus Plan
- Reimbursable Expenses (Phone, Internet, and Mileage to Client Site)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability and short-term disability
- A $50,000 team member only life insurance & ADD policy
- 401k plan with employer contributions
Sequence Inc. is a total quality solutions provider to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life-Science industries. United with our clients, we strive to provide services that result in deliverables of the highest quality. Through our knowledge, experience, and integrity we offer a level of service that is unsurpassed industry-wide (full-lifecycle). We specialize in providing excellence in Engineering, CQV, and Quality & Compliance.
Our employees embody core values that strengthen our culture and guide our overall success. The ability to maintain a selfless attitude creates a respectful environment where ideas are shared and valued. Our teams possess the technical proficiency to do the work and the Aptitude to continue learning, growing, and stretching their potential. Our unstoppable Initiative and willingness to get things done using new ideas grows our capabilities and drives our future achievements.
We value our employees, and beyond the great pay and benefits we offer, we care most about offering career opportunity and growth. We are a rapidly growing consulting firm and would love to discuss the prospect of you joining our team. Sequence Inc. is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities, EOE/M/F/D/V, to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Sequence or an affiliated Sequence business may not be eligible for consideration.
We are currently unable to sponsor.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
(21 CFR parts 11, 210, and 211), autoclaves, lyophilizers, washers, qualification, Gap analysis, CTU mapping, URS – User Requirement Specs, FRS – Functional Requirement Specs, SDD – System Design Description, VMP or MVP – Validation Master Plan, Traceability Matrix, Deviations, Commissioning, Facilities/Utilities, IQ/OQ/PQ – installation, operation, performance qualification, SOPs – Standard Operating Procedures, Execute/Execution, Requirements, Design, Testing, Documentation, Protocols, cGMP – current Good Manufacturing Practices, Lean Six Sigma, Yellow, Green, Black Belt, HVAC, Buffer, Washer, Lyophilizer, Fill/Finish, Mixer, CIP Skid, Bioreactor, Packaging, Serialization, Sterile/Sterilization/Aseptic, Clean Room, Elsai, Batch records
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 Speen St, Framingham, MA 01701, USA