Business Analyst (Process/Data Analytics)
We are currently interviewing candidates to join Sequence, Inc. as Business Analysts to act as consultants within the pharmaceutical/biotech realms. This position will ideally work from the Sequence Headquarters in Morrisville, North Carolina, though out-of-state applicants and remote opportunity may also be considered. The Business Analyst will be responsible for client deliverables of Data and Process Analytics within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. End-user experience with software such as Discoverant, TIBCO Statistica, and/or Skyland is preferred. A background in statistics, data visualizations, and database queries (SQL/Oracle) is ideal.
This position is intended for those who embody Sequence’s core values of selfless Attitude, Aptitude for continued learning, and unstoppable Initiative.
Do you love to travel and explore new places? While this position does not normally require travel, there may be opportunity for specific projects. Short-term travel may consist of one-two weeks on average but will not be common. If you are willing to travel out-of-state periodically you will be given top priority for this role!
In this role you will be held responsible for the day-to-day management of specific project deliverables, including, but not limited to:
Position Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Gathering and verifying requirements to model process data for pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing processes
- Analyzing data source systems (Manufacturing records, Laboratory, Quality, Automation, and Material transaction systems), collating data and preparing source data sheets in support of testing and validation
- Utilizing querying skills in SQL and Oracle to locate relevant data and document findings
- Applying pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing process knowledge to evaluate changes to the process to determine the impact to data and data models
- Participating in writing design, requirements and testing documentation in support of validation activities
- Developing use cases and user acceptance criteria and lead user acceptance testing activities in support of the development and validation activities of projects
- Participating and leading project meetings with the IT team members, Subject Matter Experts, and/or stakeholders to provide and receive feedback on project scope, timeline, deliverables and progress, and ensure that business needs are met
- Three (3) years of experience related to the position
- Knowledge and utilization of regulatory compliance standards and quality assurance within regulated industries, with the ability to understand clients' business and offer impactful solutions to fit their needs
- Experience working with Oracle and SQL databases
- Understanding of statistics such as control charts, process capability, and statistical process control
- Understanding of the Validation Lifecycle (GAMP 5)
- A willingness to periodically travel (up to 25%)
- A two or four-year degree in science, engineering, information technology management, computer science or related field OR equivalent work-related experience
- Experience with Biovia Discoverant, TIBCO Statistica, Skyland, etc.
- Experience with SQL, Python and/or R and common data science packages - e.g., pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, ggplot, plyr, etc.
- Experience with Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, JMP, Minitab, etc...is a plus
- Understanding of business processes as applicable to computerized systems
Here are Some of the Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive Pay as a Full Time Employee
- A Three-Week Training Program with on-going training thereafter
- Generous PTO/ Time off
- Bonus Plan
- Reimbursable Expenses (Phone, Internet, and Mileage to Client Site)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability and short-term disability
- A $50,000 team member only life insurance & ADD policy
- 401k plan with employer contributions
Sequence Inc. is a total quality solutions provider to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life-Science industries. United with our clients, we strive to provide services that result in deliverables of the highest quality. Through our knowledge, experience, and integrity we offer a level of service that is unsurpassed industry-wide (full-lifecycle). We specialize in providing excellence in Engineering, CQV, and Quality & Compliance.
Our employees embody core values that strengthen our culture and guide our overall success. The ability to maintain a selfless attitude creates a respectful environment where ideas are shared and valued. Our teams possess the technical proficiency to do the work and the Aptitude to continue learning, growing, and stretching their potential. Our unstoppable Initiative and willingness to get things done using new ideas grows our capabilities and drives our future achievements.
We value our employees, and beyond the great pay and benefits we offer, we care most about offering career opportunity and growth. We are a rapidly growing consulting firm and would love to discuss the prospect of you joining our team. Sequence Inc. is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities, EOE/M/F/D/V, to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Sequence or an affiliated Sequence business may not be eligible for consideration.
We are currently unable to sponsor.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
SQL, TIBCO, Python, HP ALM, Oracle, Discoverant, LIMS, Labware, Labvantage, Empower, SDLC
- Pay Type Salary
- 2500 Gateway Centre Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA