Product Design Engineer
Responsible for providing accurate, timely and cost effective engineering solutions that work well within the limits of our manufacturing equipment and assembly capabilities. Additionally, these solutions must meet customer expectations, perform for the desired warranty period and comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. Engineering solution shall also encompass commonization and simplification using Lean / Sigma techniques.
- Embrace and support Utilimaster Corporate policies and procedures
- Be able to solve manufacturing and assembly problems utilizing problem solving techniques and methodologies.
- Create Engineering tree (task list) to comply with Customer / vehicle specifications
- Create solids model to correspond with engineering tree
- Pull ECN numbers and start the ECN process, corresponding with Engineering tree.
- Determine effectiveness of the engineering solutions, understanding un-intended consequences to manufacturing processes, tooling and option capability.
- Coordinate effective date of engineering solution
- Initiate changes to drawings, solids models and bills of material
- Effectively utilize Aurora to research product/spec history and structure, where used on component parts, and product compatibility.
- Understand the metal fabrication, forming, tolerances and capabilities within our facilities and within our industry.
- Understand extrusion process
- Understand composite component design (fiberglass, plastic)
- Understand vehicle design, testing and certification process
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA