Although publicly traded, we're entrepreneurial in spirit and carry the core beliefs that hard work and accountability pay off. We take personal pride in every vehicle we build, every partnership we secure, every process we advance, and every owner and driver we empower to command their road.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS SUITE OF BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDE:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
The Compensation Manager is responsible for supporting the planning, development and administration of compensation programs aimed at attracting and retaining talent. This position will administer the job evaluation process while ensuring consistent standards relative to job descriptions, support the various compensation programs including salary planning, salary surveys, merit increases, bonus programs, stock administration, and compensation analysis.
- Primary responsibility for broad-based compensation and assist with annual cycle projects such as executive compensation plans, merit program, annual incentive plans, operational bonus programs, sales compensation, stock administration, geographic differentials, shift differentials, etc.
- Conduct compensation analysis, data, cost analyses and partner with Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and business leadership to provide recommendations for market pricings requests on new positions, promotions, transfers and other job or organizational changes in line with the company’s compensation philosophy.
- Assist with the design, development and administration of new salary structure and compensation models.
- Lead the implementation of the Compensation Module within new HCM system.
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all compensation programs; conducts periodic audits to identify any potential problems or non-compliance issues.
- Evaluate job positions, conduct FLSA duties test for US positions while providing guidance and working with Human Resources and/or manager on the job description to ensure consistent standards. Manages creation and administration of job descriptions to ensure equitable leveling within the organization.
- Develop, analyze, and prepare recurring HR metric reports as well as ad-hoc statistical reports.
- Support equity program and Compensation Committee of the Board, in partnership with Finance.
- Partner with HRIS to review and maintain job codes for the HRIS system which encompasses creation of codes and a continuous review of current and outdated codes.
- Identify and participate in appropriate external compensation survey benchmarking and survey submissions.
- Support M&A activities, reporting, HRIS, and payroll functions as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of five years related experience with an emphasis in compensation design, administration and management
- Must possess the ability to use Microsoft tools including: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
- Experience with PayScale or other Market Pricing Software
- Must possess the ability to build strong working relationships and work in a collaborative manner across all levels of the organization
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification preferred
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Must possess the ability to lead, problem solve, and think critically
- Must possess superior professionalism, discretion and judgment, maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality
- Must possess experience with UKG HRMS or other major payroll service providers (ADP, Ceridian, etc.)
- Commitment to excellence, high standards and confidentiality
- Strong project management skills
- Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
The Shyft Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, Veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Novi, MI, USA