TIG WELDER - 1ST
Although publicly traded, we're entrepreneurial in spirit and carry the core beliefs that hard work and accountability pay off. We take personal pride in every vehicle we build, every partnership we secure, every process we advance, and every owner and driver we empower to command their road.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS SUITE OF BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDE:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply appropriate welding process to meet specifications, inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of various components. Perform as an active member of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle materials and tools. Apply appropriate welding process to materials and repair welds on parts per specifications.
- Perform as a team member which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete any necessary forms.
- Perform the above in various departments, in various conditions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain supplies and parts required to do the job and perform proper setup of welding power supplies and controls.
- Inspect all welds to assure each meets quality standards, troubleshoot problems and make adjustments as required.
- Assist other employees when welding is not required.
- Perform mill room duties when needed.
- Clean welding station and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
- Assist the team in 5S advancements.
- Assist in the implementation of Lean Principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and skills of welding processes. 1) Gas Metal Arc and 2) Gas Tungsten Arc
- Ability to weld various metals such as Stainless Steel and Galvanized.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to set up welder, apply appropriate weld process, inspect weld and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms and safety regulations.
- Possess an 8th grade education.
- Ability to correctly use and read various gauges.
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team environment
- Ability to read a tape measure to an sixteenth (1/16) of an inch. Convert inches to decimal points and vice versa to .001 inches
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Previous Welding Experience
- No UTM product experience
Spartan Motors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
The Shyft Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, Veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Materials
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA