CDL Class A Driver - Night Shift - Local Routes
Local Routes - be home every day!
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
The successful CDLCandidate will safely operate and haul an end-dump trailer transporting petroleum coke from the Detroit Marathon Refinery to end customers. Savage Services operates as a partner with Marathon within the refinery, managing operations with respect to their petroleum coke cutting, handling, and transportation.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- $5000k Sign On Bonus
- Local work - home every day
- Regular working schedule Mon - Friday (plus every other Saturday)
- Night Shift - 5PM -5AM
- $20/day for night shift premium
- Paid by the hour with built in over time every week
- Uniforms and cold weather gear provided with laundry service
- $150 annual steel toe boot allowance
- $125 annual safety glass allowance
- A culture of safety
- A fleet of trucks less than 4 years old
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Driver will safely transport petroleum coke from the Detroit Marathon refinery to assigned destination locations (i.e. a series of dedicated haul routes)
- Driver will operate end-dump trailers at customer destination
- Driver will assist the operation in additional tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Driver will timely and accurately report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
Requirements of a successful CDL Driver
- Class A CDL with doubles endorsement required
- Must currently possess—or be able to obtain—a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Driver must successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre- and post-trip inspection of the trucks
- No serious moving violations in the past three years including: DUI or DWI; Failure to report an accident; Negligent homicide arising out of the use of a motor vehicle; Operating a motor vehicle while under suspension or revocation
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews
- Ideal candidate will have experience in an industrial or refinery setting
- End-dump or Michigan doubles experience preferred
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Ability to physically handle large tools and equipment (60 lbs.), climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend ladders, and should not have a fear of heights.
- Ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
- Ability to carry at least sixty (60) pounds
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Detroit, MI, USA