At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way. You will responsible for unloading barges using E-Crane.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”) and Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Perform proper unloading techniques by following all associated procedures while paying close attention to hazards
- Operate crane to load Coal, Petcoke and Limestone from barges to grizzly hopper by following all associated procedures
- Maintain good and open communication with Team, Supervision, Managers and Maintenance Personnel via radio and other proper means
- Help maintenance personnel with equipment maintenance when additional manpower is needed
- Properly inspect equipment prior to and post operating and report any additional maintenance needs and conduct frequent audits on the crane and other heavy equipment
- Complete all necessary documentation as required including JHA's, permits, log entries, audit sheet, daily check sheets, etc.
This is what you need to be successful:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Physically able to handle large tools
- Must be able to climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend a ladder
- Must be able to stand, kneel or crawl
- We operate 24/7, therefore our employees work a rotating schedule
- Ability to work outside in any condition and on extreme heights
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boyce, LA, USA