Maintenance Electrician Technician
NOW OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Savage Services Corporation is seeking a Maintenance Electrician, who, as a member of the Savage Oakland Maryland team, will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment and controls for the Oakland MD Mt Storm Unloading Facility.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Participate in the company safety team, and build Savage’s Culture of Safety
- Keep the warehouse and work area clean and organized
- Learn and partner with the Maintenance Manager to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping
- Become knowledgeable in all aspects of the operation as it pertains to the Maintenance Electrician Position
- Become knowledgeable in all electrical schematics, PLC programs and sequence of operation
- Understand the instrumentation and field devices and perform repairs as needed
- Support other areas of operation, as deemed by the Supervisor, even in areas outside typical electrical duties
- Develop a good working relationship with customers electrician to assist in trouble shooting problems.
- Understands VFD Drives
- Understand electrical schematics, PLC and/or HMI programs, Sequence of operation.
- Understanding of instrumentation and field devices
- Experience working with a Fire Systems in an industrial setting
- Be willing to work with operations and other maintenance team members to achieve the operations critical objectives
- An understanding of the industrial process, how the different components in such a facility interact (truck unloading facility, tanks, pumps, motors, load-out)
- Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background check
- In-depth knowledge of liquid systems, including valves, pumps, meters, tanks, and pipelines
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Must be available 24/7 for callouts, in situations where maintenance issues could result in customer service failures
- Much of the facility is indoors, but will require some work outdoors. As such, the Maintenance Electrician will be subjected to the extreme elements: heat, wind, cold, snow, humidity, etc.
- The work site is an industrial rail facility and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict MSHA & OSHA regulations
- Will also be subjected to rigorous physical activities that include: climbing stairs, climbing ladders, stooping, bending, crawling, maneuvering in tight spaces, walking or standing the majority of the day, regularly lifting heavy tools/parts and more.
- Oil & gas background preferred
- 2 years or more experience applying electrical knowledge in an industrial setting
- 1 year or more experience with instrumentation
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Maryland, USA
- Oakland, MD 21550, USA