Savage is hiring for a Product Owner to join our Information Solutions team in Midvale, UT.
The Product Owner is the team member responsible for driving the product development of one or more specific operational applications (i.e. iSite, Eagle Eye, DOBI, TheHub, Transload, Savage Rail, etc.). You will be the the chief evangelist and advocate for the application(s), and is responsible for marketing its/their value to business lines, and for supporting operations in the usage of the application(s).
Savage has committed to providing our customers and Team Members with the latest technology so they can do their jobs safely, productively and efficiently. Our IS Team Members are given the opportunity to work in and create new systems in computer and communication technology. Join our team and make a difference!
Our IS Team Members enjoy the following and more!
- Newer Technology
- Variety and Challenge
- Competitive Pay
- Agile methodology
In this role you will collect user feedback, stakeholder requirements and use this information to create a backlog of work and prioritize it based on value, criticality and importance. You will also create a vision for the future development of the software, and use this vision to build and maintain a product roadmap to communicate future functionality and delivery timelines to stakeholders and users. You will have opportunities to work closely with the software development team to build, test, and deliver the functionality according to the roadmap. This position will be responsible for administration, functionality and growth of specific operational applications, as assigned.
What you need:
- BA in Business Management, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Owner/Manager in software development, including mobile applications
- Demonstrates experience with and understanding of Agile methodology and the Scrum framework and is committed to adhering to same
- Experience with large, complex software projects spanning multiple systems
- Proficiency with development tools for managing application requirements, epics, user stories, roadmaps, and backlogs, such as Jira, Aha!, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to build wireframes, mockups, and prototypes (graphic design experience not required but is helpful)
- Understanding of and experience in creating applications that have extensive data visualizations / reporting dashboards to help business users more quickly and easily interpret data
Technical writing capabilities in the translation of end user, management and customer requirements
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Utah, USA