Plant Security, Health and Safety Manager
Work with Corporate SHS Team in planning, developing and implementing SHS programs to ensure all corporate policies and federal and state regulations relating to SHS matters are being strictly followed at the plant level. Identify and resolve any violations, workplace conditions, knowledge gaps or potential incidents that may cause risk to any parties on the premises. Ensure security protocols regarding entry to premises and plant access are strictly followed and enforced by third-party security vendor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular safety meetings, training courses and presentations to educate Plant Management and plant employees about proper safety procedures relating to all aspects of plant operation.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all safety standards and requirements under SugarCreek policies and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Conduct regular facility safety audits, highlighting any safety issues, assessing the risk level of the issues and providing specific recommendations to correct any deficiencies to Plant Management.
- Work with Corporate Engineers and Maintenance Department to establish company policies and guidelines on safety and ergonomics and their relation to equipment design and layout.
- Work with third-party security vendor to ensure all parties on the plant premises are following proper security protocols at all times.
- Coordinate with Plant Management and Security Team to address any potential security risks that may arise, notifying Corporate Management/Legal when necessary.
- Maintain, update and enforce safety policies governing the actions of any third-party visitors to the plant site.
- Conduct regular employee audits, observing behaviors of employees at all levels to ensure compliance with applicable safety policies and procedures.
- Direct and advise Workers’ Compensation (WC) Administrator in WC matters and ensure that all state WC laws are being followed.
- Act as Co-Chair/Lead role for the joint Health & Safety Committee at the plant site.
- Ensure all accident, injury and incident records are maintained in strict adherence with OSHA, WC, and company requirements.
- Maintain and update all training records relating to safety, including completion of training by individual employees and the creation of any new training protocols.
- Interface and communicate daily with Production Employees, Plant Management, and Corporate Personnel on any matters related to safety.
- Interface and communicate with contractors, vendors, local, state and federal officials as needed.
- Coordinate with Plant Management team to promote timely reporting of incidents and use the accumulated data to implement processes to drive zero incident results.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Environmental Management or a related field preferred.
Experience: 3 to 5+ years in a Safety/Management role in a manufacturing environment, preferably food-related.
Certification Requirements: OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Certification required; related certifications strongly preferred.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess strong knowledge of OSHA, Worker’s Compensation laws, and other pertinent regulations.
- Know Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plan (RMP) and other safety/environmental requirements.
- Possess strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Able to read critically and write effectively.
- Possess strong observational skills and be able to foresee potential safety/security concerns.
- Able to complete continuous education in safety, PSM, environmental regulations and related programs.
- Able to respond to emergency situations and fill various roles on emergency response team.
- Able to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with safety positions, including some sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 50lbs may be required as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Some work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Employee Relations
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Washington Court House, 2101 Kenskill Ave., Washington Court House, Ohio, United States of America