Impingement Production Supervisor
Responsible for the day to day production floor operations overseeing several hourly production associates.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage several hourly production associates to achieve quality and delivery targets.
- Assign and plan labor according to daily/weekly production schedules.
- Work closely with maintenance personnel to minimize unplanned equipment downtime.
- Conduct daily production meetings with Plant Manager and other department supervisors.
- Lead improvement activities and verify impact to key daily/monthly metrics.
- Communicate daily results to Plant Manager.
- Drive all aspects of operations to achieve safety, quality, food safety, delivery, downtime and inventory targets.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two or more years of supervision or management experience required.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: None at this time.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Able to lead production associates in a high-speed production environment.
- Possesses a dedication to process improvement with a results-oriented approach.
- Possesses computer capability, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook).
- Possesses strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational skills and planning abilities.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with production management positions. In an average work day, Production Supervisor is in these positions for the following number of hours per day; sitting 0-1 hours; standing 2-4 hours; walking 5-7 hours. In an average work day, Production Supervisor must have the following abilities: lift/carry less than 25 lbs as needed; handle objects/manual dexterity occasionally.
All work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Plant Ops Supervision
- Job Function Direct
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America