Sugar Creek Packing Co., founded in 1966, is a flourishing privately held, family owned food company. Its commitment to making the highest-quality, best-value products has allowed Sugar Creek to grow into one of the largest independent bacon processors servicing the global market.
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production supervisors and assigned production departments. Manage daily operations, including evaluation of activities, measurement of productivity, and review of goal achievement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day to day production floor operations.
- Supervise production of quality products efficiently and safely while meeting deadlines.
- Conduct daily production meetings with Plant Manager and other department supervisors.
- Develop production plans and measure productivity against production goals.
- Lead improvement activities and verify impact to key daily / monthly goals.
- Communicate daily / weekly results to the Plant Manager.
- Drive all aspects of operations to achieve safety, quality, food safety, delivery, downtime and inventory targets.
- Control and minimize overtime labor costs, maintenance / repair costs, downtime and product re-work.
- Ensure compliance with all customer, company and government standards.
- Provide training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
- Maintain good employee, corporate and community relations.
- Coordinate with other department supervisors to ensure proper purchasing, material handling, maintenance, accounting, quality assurance and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage the Daily Review and Response process and coach appropriate countermeasures with direct subordinates.
- Manage daily results to drive the Weekly Scoreboard and P&L Variance.
- Analyze data to drive operational execution.
- Ensure the integrity and execution of the Safety / Food Safety / Quality programs.
- Utilize established operational tools to effectively and efficiently lead problem-solving sessions within the group.
- Work cohesively with other managers to ensure interdependent activities are coordinated and executed effectively.
- Work with leaders to develop work processes and technical solutions for the day to day management of Operations.
- Collaborate with internal subject-matter experts to implement best solution strategies.
- Work within the guidelines set forth by the company to administer plant policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain succession plans for oneself and direct subordinates.
- Follow SugarCreek's safety rules and procedures.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Operations Management, Business or other technical field.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience in a technical capacity. 2 years of Operational Leadership experience as a senior manager in a major food manufacturing operation.
Certification or License Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knows regulatory requirements for food manufacturing, including USDA requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices for food operations.
- Understands manufacturing and warehousing processes.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to read, interpret and review instructions for preparation of materials.
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Able to lead production associates in a high-speed production environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational skills and planning abilities.
- Knows how to develop and operate a Lean Work Environment (Pillar Structure).
- Understands statistical process control.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with production management positions.
Most work is performed in a comfortable indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Some departments are colder temperatures between 30° and 40° F. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We participate in E-verify
. Participamos en E-verify
.Right to Work
. Derecho al Trabajo.