Plant Security, Health and Safety Coordinator
Assist Plant Security, Health, and Safety (SHS) Manager in planning, developing and coordinating SHS programs relating to personnel, materials, equipment and environments. Identify and resolve safety violations, gaps and incidents at assigned plant to ensure safe working environment and reduce risk of injury. Record and analyze various safety metrics, using the data to implement new safety protocols and improve on existing ones.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and implement new SHS policies and procedures under the guidance of the Plant SHS Manager.
- Provide support, training and guidance in implementing SHS policies and procedures to other SugarCreek personnel.
- Verify compliance for all state and federal environmental regulations and assist the Plant SHS Manager with environmental plans and issues at the facility.
- Conduct assessments and audits as required for the security and safety of employees, contractors, vendors and visitors while on SugarCreek property.
- Inspect the facility (including outside warehouses) on a periodic basis to ensure SHS compliance.
- Assist in security and safety assessments, audits and projects at other SugarCreek facilities as needed.
- Assist the Plant SHS Manager in tracking and documenting various safety metrics and reporting data to management.
- Ensure proper OSHA record-keeping and reporting requirements are satisfied.
- Conduct hazard analysis by testing work areas for different hazards and reviewing compliance with safety procedures like use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and machine-specific Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
- Assist with testing, servicing and calibrating SHS equipment and systems.
- Schedule and perform regular and random plant security and safety audits, including during off-shifts.
- Assist in the creation and verification of corrective action lists and follow up to ensure completion.
- Ensure detailed incident investigation occurs in a timely manner, with focus on root cause analysis and prevention.
- Provide assistance with any worker’s compensation issues for the facility, working with corporate and third-party administrators to reduce risks and exposures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of SHS action plans and training schedules including, including, but not limited to, fire/tornado drills, annual hearing screens and monthly safety topics.
- Evaluate current job practices and make recommendations to improve ergonomic design with the goal of reducing or eliminating repetitive motion, back and over-extension injuries.
- Act as SHS department representative when Plant SHS Manager is not on site.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering or similar field, or equivalent experience
Experience: 2+ years of experience in safety/security related role; training in security and occupational health, safety and environmental compliance preferred.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Able to read critically and write effectively.
- Possess strong observational skills and be able to foresee potential safety/security concerns.
- Know Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plan (RMP) and other safety requirements.
- Able to undergo training in safety, PSM, environmental regulations and related programs.
- Possess strong knowledge of EPA, OSHA, WC, and other pertinent regulations.
- Able to respond to emergency situations and fill various roles on emergency response team.
- Able to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with safety coordinator positions, including sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15lbs may be required as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Some work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Employee Relations
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America